Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Soluthis' Rocky Region: Area Claim #08 [OLD]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question - are we allowed to change heights in parts of the terrain? I miss the foyadas from TES3 and it reminded me of a little inspiration from my trip to cappadocia in turkey (see images attached - no theyre not mine).

After looking in the CS, claim 8 would be perfect to start a shallow valley which could eventually either go north up through claim 5 or bend to the east through claim 9 (or both). I checked under the surface of claim 8 and there is only 2 to 3 metres above sea level to work with, but 5 and 8 have more to work with. If theres a better spot for this you know of ill be happy to do it wherever.

To make a little valley i would want to sink the terrain in the middle a little , and raise its surrounds a little, further enhancing the effect with rock placement. I cant say im a terrain guru but id really like to get stuck into this after I finish my house claim.
Allowed and encouraged :goodjob:

If you need more space for your valley (but don't necessarily want to pile more work on yourself), you can go ahead and claim adjoining areas temporarily. As long as the claims are open there's no problem in doing that. The only work that would entail beyond the valley work would be to reposition the generated objects that would have been affected by the land changes. After your height alterations to adjoining areas have been merged to the esm we can open up those area claims again. I think that would be a better solution than abruptly ending the valley when you hit the border of your area claim.