Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Deeza's Version of the Halls of Colossus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick overview (detailed plans will follow):

The Halls will be built on three epic levels, constructed from a mixture of Imperial Fort ruin meshes (appropriately retextured if possible), and the wonderful Dwarven City tileset made by Mr Siika.
http://www.oblivionsrealestate.com/Modde...geons.html

The first level will be on the surface, which will look like, well... a nuclear testing site, I suppose. A huge complex of abandoned buildings, most of which are just traces in the ground or buried by the sands but a few of which are still accessible, and contain dessicated old crates, barrels etc. The complex is surrounded by the stubs of ruined walls. At the centre of it all is the Hall itself - all that is left now are row upon row of arches stacked on top of one another, much like the walls of the Colosseum in Rome. In what was once the centre, there can be found a huge metal seal covering a massive pit, on top of which somebody, in the past, has made a huge pile of rocks, apparently to keep it shut or seal something in. The lower Halls can only be accessed by a series of service tunnels that lead underneath the main structure.

The second level is underground. Initially player enters through one of the service tunnels, into the living quarters of those who worked in the facility. Kitchens, lounges and sleeping chambers are all eerily abandoned, with a strange, faint, always-present glow emitting from the walls. Moving through these areas will lead the player to massive halls filled with amassed Dwemer junk, collected by the Empire after the conquest of Morrowind. Then they come under attack, from the glowing "tainted skeletons" mentioned in a previous thread - all that's left of the Blades who worked on the project long ago. The player fights their way through abandoned forges, and finally into the laboratories where they were working on assembling working Animunculi as proof of principle.

The products of their experiments attack the player (sphere centurions and other variants are in progress, also by Mr Siika), and the player eventually gets hold of the key to access the lowest level through one of the other service tunnels....

The final level of the dungeon takes the player through a Proving Grounds, where the Blades were exploring the possibility of using Animunculi as a substitute army. Now things start to get creepy. The player enters the rooms where the parts of Numidium were kept, the glow becoming brighter and brighter as they head further in. Glowing skeletons and centurions attack left, right and centre, and other weird sound effects and spectral images start to appear. The end of the storage halls is ominously blocked by a huge sealed door.

The player exits the chambers into a room filled with plans and schematics, after which can be found the laboratories where they were working on the Mantella. There will be several of Zurin Arctus' notebooks in the rooms, which will be interesting from a lore point of view, as well as a deathbed confession of an alchemist which suggests that the Underking may be responsible for the walking skeletons.... The player also gets the option of going into Zurin Arctus' private quarters, and reading his journal which sheds some light on his demise.

Finally the player takes a side passage into the massive chamber where Numidium was assembled and activated... and I don't know what to put there. We should definitely have a huge empty scaffold where it was built, but aside from that, a dungeon this big needs something quite epic at the end...

Thoughts?
As for the terrain around the Halls of Colossus, I think we should be subtle with the "poisoned glow-rock". Perhaps there could just be a very faint glow which isn't noticeable during the day but becomes really eerie at night. Perhaps it would be possible to retexture the desert rocks so that they have small green chunks embedded in them, or would this be too difficult?

Another way to distinguish the area would be to make it completely silent. No music, no ambient effects, no random enemy spawnings, nothing. The place is totally empty, and hopefully the effect will be unsettling.
the silence would be really unsettling, i'd often though of that myself for this particular region

remember to repath all the files (meshes textures etc) to our file path format
I would need help with the texturing, as I am unable to do it myself...

As for the dungeon itself, I would be happy to make it - it's just the initial texturing that I need help with. Smile
Sounds like a thorough plan. I like it a lot, a definite unique experience for the player, I approve :check:
Thankyou! For the moment, I will create new objects with new IDs, so that the textures can be fixed later.

Can you give me a link to the standard Elsweyr asset naming system?
Try this thread:

Meshes folder structure
Plan needs to be re-evaluated. I'll clear this one off so as not to cause confusion.