Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Parchlands - Environmental Assets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please post here your ideas, requests, suggestions, submissions and general conversation about environmental assets that we can use for 'The Parchlands' region before we move on to generate this region with the selected items. Of particular interest is going to be:
  • Trees - Palm trees.
  • Rocks
  • Shrubs & Flora - sugarcane.
  • Dead logs (and other cast-off items)
  • Textures
  • General colours and design style

I will update this post for easy reference purposes as and when we receive items that have been selected for use in this region.
Ibsen,

Can you give me some details of what the Parchlands are like? I can't seem to find info on it's ecology or descriptions about it here on your forum in my brief search. It sounds like an awefully "parched" or "dry" land from its name. But I need more details.

I'll edit this post later to turn into my official info post, like I did for Rottemere.

Koniption
The parchlands are very dry but only relative to the rest of Black Marsh (which isn't saying a lot). The area was totally deforested and turned into plantations, where over-farming made it completely infertile after a while. It is full of ruined manors and farms, inhabited only by a few Paatru.

The terrain is salty mud with sand mixed in, with very little plant and animal life (mostly dry grasses and lichen). The area is also covered with rotting tree stumps.
That seems to sum it up for me. The best source for discussion on The Parchlands in general is here: Landscaping - Decision on the Parchlands . There was a pic I posted here that we selected. It was of the Mongolian grasslands and it was being used as a basic model. However, bear in mind that our Parchlands would be slightly wetter and feature fallen trees.

btw, I would definitely like to see more ideas or models for fallen trees. On the coast itself, perhaps we could have some mobile houses on rafts that are tethered to tree stumps to prevent them from being swept away. As simple a construction as you like, really.
Considering possibilities for grass used in this area: Short Grass V3 or maybe Shin Akuma Real Grass and possibly RPGBlackDragon's LowTriPolyGrass.
Updated the first post to confirm the use of palm trees and sugarcane because, in Koniption's words, "growing it in mass destroys the ecological balance and ruins the land." The Parchlands are pretty knackered anyway =) .