Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Darkmoor - Environmental Assets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please post here your ideas, requests, suggestions, submissions and general conversation about environmental assets that we can use for the 'Darkmoor' region before we move on to generate this region with the selected items. Of particular interest is going to be:
  • Rocks
  • Shrubs
  • Dead logs (and other cast-off items)
  • Textures
  • General colours and design style

I will update this post for easy reference purposes as and when we receive items that have been selected for use in this region.
Ibsen,

Can you give me some details of what Darkmoor is like? I can't seem to find info on it's ecology or descriptions about it here on your forum in my brief search.

I'll edit this post later to turn into my official info post, like I did for Rottemere.

Koniption
I'll get back to you on this once a discussion on this region has been fully explored. As yet, nothing much has been done about this region yet. However, good models of such a region have been developed in the form of Goldmoor from Tamriel Rebuilt and ST's own moorland regions. Ours will just be darker. Personally, I'd like to go for lots of heather.

This 'heather garden' shows lots of varieties for something we can use as either a 'grass-enabled' texture or as a shrub: Heather Garden

This one's nice but probably too colourful: Colourful Heather

This is more natural and appropriate for our purposes: Dark Heather

I can probably get some close-up shots of heather from my home. I live next to the North York Moors and the heather is about a 30 minute walk away.