Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [Dev/Wip] Dumac Load screens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alrighty, i have started work on the Dumac City's load screens.
I will post now few load screens i made, theyre samples mainly but can/will be used ingame if good enough. They are done as much as possible the same way as beths own.

Screens:
Dumac Load screen
Load for Interior
Load for Dumac Entrance
Dumac Clutter Loadscreen
Spider Centurion Load Screen
Test of Patterns Load Screen

these are some examples of my work and what could be done for dumac. As the city progresses more load screen options become available.

For my fellow modders at dumac and others too, feel free to snap screens and give ideas for load screens.

Useful tip, Opening the code menu and typing TM disables menus.
I am currently working on an industrial section claim so I will snap a few shots of that ASAP.

Those screens look good and there is a high chance we would use those with no modifications.

Hmm so far the ones I think we would need are:

Main Quest
Synthesis Machine
Dwemer Companion
Misc Quests
Misc Screens [Enemies, clutter, etc]
I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised by these loading screens. I rather disliked the vanilla Oblivion ones (which, in my opinion, are mockeries of the beauty that they could have been), but I think that these retain the detail of the screenshots they're based on. :goodjob:

I'm not a fan of the area left for the flavour text (on these or the originals), and personally would do away with it completely, but I understand that it is a useful way of giving snippets of information to the player.

Edit: It'll be a while before the Steam Centurion gets done, but when it does, I'll be sure to get some good screenshots of it (or send it to someone who can do a better job than me Wink).
Edit: Ooops I hhit edit instead of pst, damn!
@InsanitySorrow:
Thanks in advance, for the Main Quest, Synthesis Machine, Dwemer Companion, Misc Quests i believe we need to advance a bit more before those can be done. As for Misc Screens [Enemies, clutter, etc] i believe can be done well even now.

Its just an advanced list so we hve n idea on what will need done in the future. This way at least we have a small idea on what screens to take.
As per your request I updated the moderating team. :check:
Thanks Sandor :yes:
Quote:Originally posted by captain-ultima
Alrighty, I have started work on the Dumac City's load screens.
I will post now few load screens I made, they're samples mainly but can/will be used ingame if good enough. They are done as much as possible the same way as beths own.

Screens:
Dumac Load screen
Load for Interior
Load for Dumac Entrance
Dumac Clutter Loadscreen
Spider Centurion Load Screen
Test of Patterns Load Screen

these are some examples of my work and what could be done for dumac. As the city progresses more load screen options become available.

For my fellow modders at dumac and others too, feel free to snap screens and give ideas for load screens.

Useful tip, Opening the code menu and typing TM disables menus.

Very Nice ! :goodjob:

Enjoy
Bob
These are indeed really cool loadscreens :goodjob: . I would just feel much better if we all did away with Besthesda's vanilla style of the grainy images as a whole and instead opted for having a decent hi- or med- res picture of the environment in the box insert. However, won't the exterior of Dumac have changed since this shot was taken?
Thanks fro the positive comment, I decided to do these the old Bethesda's way mainly keeping in mind that Silgrad aims to be a unofficial expansion for oblivion.

These are only examples of the screens, If the exterior of Dumac changes from the current one the load screen will simply be remade.
Pages: 1 2