Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [Quest Dicussion] Dwemer Mine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Howdy

Pleasae consider I can not do Oblivion so if I go off into nowhere land with my Idea please pull me back

I have 2 seperate thoughts on this Mine

#1 Re-Activate it

The Dwemer are an industial bunch, it would make sense that their mines are automated with respect to being chiefly managed by steam centurians, and the rails be on rollers (sort of) if you can picture what would be like a roller coaster as you are going up hill the chains grab hold of the cart and pull it, similiar to that would be our mine rails

We should find large piles of rock, where the "Miners" continued to load ore into the carts which no longer moved because the pipes which operated them broke

The Miner's over time shut down and are found just standing in front of their carts

The pipes should be in a seperate cave, winding downward toward a area of lava flow where the steam is pumped through and compressed by the turbine.. Of course all this still works, its just the pipe is broken so the steam isn't reaching the mine

The player should follow the pipes and repair the broken sections

How we indicate that a section is broken is up to the modder

I think it could be as simple as a missing connecter

Once the pipes are fixed the player returns to the mine to see moving carts full of ore dis-appearing into another room...(which the player should not be able to get into...(its effect only)

The mining machines begin to move again

When the player leaves and goes to the main area, he/she is confronted by an Imperial Official who thanks the player for fixing the mine and informs the player that the Empire will now take possesion

The player will be given a marker, each time the player goes to Dumac, he/she may present the Marker to the Official and get his/her share of pay (this should be a set amount of ????gold per day) so if the player is gone 10 days from the last time then he/she will get 10 times ???

Thats my start...then I will figure out how to put the ghost into the mix

Enjoy
Bob
I edited your post bob to make it fit in with the style of the other thread. hope ya don't mind Smile

I like what you have done and for the moment have nothing to say. [sorry quite busy]
Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
I edited your post bob to make it fit in with the style of the other thread. hope ya don't mind Smile

I like what you have done and for the moment have nothing to say. [sorry quite busy]

Nope I do not mind

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob
I definitely like the idea of fixing up the mines, and even with my level of technical skill, it should be quite do-able. All we need is a few activators, some new models, and creative scripting.

Something i'm a bit iffy about is the Imperial Presence. I know they have a propensity to barge in and take control of things, but running a Dwemer mine might be a bit much. Plus, it removes things from the player's hands.

I might just be protective of the ruins - i don't exactly like imperials, nor the thought of them running rampant through the beautiful dwemer ruins, spoiling the PC's fun. And lore-wise, the empire's overstretched as it is...

Aside from the Imperial presence bit, i like the concept quite a bit.

I think that one way we could involve the dwemer ghosts C-U gave us is to have them giving basic instructions. Maybe we could have a quest based around some forlorn dwemer workman who can't rest until the mines are operational, and his task is completed. Or there could just be random dwemer overseers you can ask for advice, it's not like they have anything better to do than help you.

Or the player could always just figure it out on his own. I don't think it really has to be a "quest" with stages or journal entries
Guidance would be nice, maybe you need the guidance from them since they know how it works and the Dwemer would have kept this stuff to themselves. This way we can tie them in and remove the quest stages and journal entries
:check:

I agree about the Empire, unfortunatly it is what it is, they would most definitly take control...However we could add a small mini quest for the player to take control of the mine operations and the player in turn can give control of those operations to the local Dunmer and just receive his/her payment (share) from them

Player can speak with the Head of the Society (Altmer) and player can go to locoal Imperial offocial, give letter (or something) and go back to official a few days later..the official will then have a letter from crypodiil giving the player control over the mine operation, of course they get a share too... but after that all the imperials have to leave the area

more to come

Enjoy
Bob
Hmm... my preference would be to utilize the historic fear and mistrust of dwemer ruins to keep out people other than crazy archaeologists. Also, it makes sense that the Imperials would probably be too busy concentrating on the whole oblivion crisis to go mining.

In TESIV, most of the imperial legion is tied up with the daedra, and there are a LOT of rumors concerning the immense turmoil that comes with a withdrawal of troops from the surrounding provinces. As long as we can come up with an excuse, we don't have to put imperials into the ruin. It would probably be too costly to have to fight a bunch of centurions anyhow

As you can tell, i don't like imperials Big Grin

I do, however, like the idea of a bunch of Archaeologists. It definitely makes sense that they would want to come to the largest dwemer ruin anywhere. They could also act as questgivers, pointing the player in interesting directions. Also, they don't spoil the fun, because the player still gets to do everything without interference, he just now has some guidance.

As for utilization of the mines - i think we could definitely have some kind of a materials system. The player can mine coal from the mines, the coal can be used to light boilers, and then the boilers activate other parts of the ruins. Also, the player can mine raw materials which would be used in the synthesis machine concept/dwemer centurion.

I especially like how mining allows us to either A) logically have old sections of the mine re-opened, thus expanding the mine for the player, or B) we can activate new sections through the use of coal and boilers.
I have had enough of the imperials, so can we keep them out Smile

I do like the idea though of opening sections of the mine as the quest progresses, so initially say a third of the mine is open for exploration and the other 2 thrids are closed off untill later on.
The real forte here would be if we had animated mining carts. I *think* Phitt has some that we can use after he's done with his mod and releases them as a Modder's Resource.

I know there are definitely small rail-cars that Phitt has that you can operate in rooms, but i'm not sure if there's anything that we could use for mining. The "Scale" button is a miraculous thing though, so who knows?
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Hmm... my preference would be to utilize the historic fear and mistrust of dwemer ruins to keep out people other than crazy archaeologists. Also, it makes sense that the Imperials would probably be too busy concentrating on the whole oblivion crisis to go mining.

In TESIV, most of the imperial legion is tied up with the daedra, and there are a LOT of rumors concerning the immense turmoil that comes with a withdrawal of troops from the surrounding provinces. As long as we can come up with an excuse, we don't have to put imperials into the ruin. It would probably be too costly to have to fight a bunch of centurions anyhow

As you can tell, I don't like imperials Big Grin

I do, however, like the idea of a bunch of Archaeologists. It definitely makes sense that they would want to come to the largest dwemer ruin anywhere. They could also act as questgivers, pointing the player in interesting directions. Also, they don't spoil the fun, because the player still gets to do everything without interference, he just now has some guidance.

As for utilization of the mines - I think we could definitely have some kind of a materials system. The player can mine coal from the mines, the coal can be used to light boilers, and then the boilers activate other parts of the ruins. Also, the player can mine raw materials which would be used in the synthesis machine concept/dwemer centurion.

I especially like how mining allows us to either A) logically have old sections of the mine re-opened, thus expanding the mine for the player, or B) we can activate new sections through the use of coal and boilers.

Point taken
:check:

Enjoy
Bob
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5