Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: IS's Bruma Re-textures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I just wondered if IS's Bruma re-textures might come in useful for any of the settlements: [WIP] Insanity's Modders Resources .......?
Yes that would realy help. It's looking nicely.
Regarding IS's question of where these models might be used: I think that rickety shacks and stuff would look best near our Everglades but then those settlements are mainly Argonian judging by their names. Therefore I'm going for something quite northerly like Tenmar Wall which might well benefit from the Bruma design if my idea of literally having a wall/cliff comes to fruition. It would therefore be built on a cliff-top thus making use of the rocky foundations.....and then maybe other northerly locations could benefit from these models too. We could always re-texture if we feel the need.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Regarding IS's question of where these models might be used: I think that rickety shacks and stuff would look best near our Everglades but then those settlements are mainly Argonian judging by their names. Therefore I'm going for something quite northerly like Tenmar Wall which might well benefit from the Bruma design if my idea of literally having a wall/cliff comes to fruition. It would therefore be built on a cliff-top thus making use of the rocky foundations.....and then maybe other northerly locations could benefit from these models too. We could always re-texture if we feel the need.

I dont think we are going to need to retexture these. They look nice. You and Deeza are the lore experts so you two should discuss the place. I think it can be usefull annyway. Depending on the looks.
Quote:Originally posted by Back2Murder
You and Deeza are the lore experts so you two should discuss the place. I think it can be usefull annyway. Depending on the looks.

Lore expert? :lmao: I make most of my stuff up and then Deeza corrects me. Tbh, I like it that way. Anyway, I'm going for using these as the more conventional type of buildings in jungle regions starting with Tenmar Wall. But I'd like to adapt Stormhold for their use as well if possible. The more outlandish stuff can come with the Sarpa dwellings which can be worked on later.

I dont think we are going to need to retexture these. They look nice. You and Deeza are the lore experts so you two should discuss the place. I think it can be usefull annyway. Depending on the looks.

Glad you like them. I will post a thread will new screens when I get on with the work, then we can discuss its looks and changes that maybe needed.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
You and Deeza are the lore experts so you two should discuss the place. I think it can be usefull annyway. Depending on the looks.

Lore expert? :lmao: I make most of my stuff up and then Deeza corrects me.

Haha, my bad. It always sounded pretty professional. So I figured you mus tknow a lot about the lore Tongue
Haha, my bad. It always sounded pretty professional. So I figured you mus tknow a lot about the lore Tongue

No, it's all guesswork, mate! I've written whole campaigns before and my first love is writing, especially lore, plotting, characters and ideas. Some of it just makes sense for such lore to exist so I can get by with just assuming.

Anyway IS, bear in mind that this is to be positioned at Tenmar Wall which is a natural wall in the form of a cliff-face that gives way to the jungle regions. That may influence any texture choices you have to make (or maybe not).
The way the tileset was originally planned is the buildings being made of wood, like wood logs and so forth and a stone base. Would this suit the wall?
Definitely! You get lots of wood in a jungle Big Grin .

As for the stone base, this is what I was most concerned about as I'm not sure what colour the rock of the cliff face is going to be like. One possible idea is to make the rock texture look a little rougher and more natural so that it looks as if the model is a part of the cliff face...almost cut into the rock, if you see what I mean. And the best cliff models are those that mr_siika made. However, whether we use mr_siika's original textures for the cliffs or create something more 'jungle-y', I have no idea as yet.