Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Shivering Isles.......maybe.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know we discussed not making our mod dependant on shivering isles,
and I totally agree that it makes much more simple and user friendly, but
thats before I actually got around to installing it.

The creatures in that expansion would go so well with our island. They are very insect and reptile like. A few retextures and add some pizazz and they would be good to go.

For those of you who haven't seen the creatures, go here for pictures

Cool creatures

I think there are new plants/trees too. I haven't even look at those yet.

Just a thought....
Indeed, the Shivering Isles are beautiful.
Scalon==> Creature in the Tang Mo cave!
Quote:Originally posted by ra5946
I know we discussed not making our mod dependant on shivering isles,
and I totally agree that it makes much more simple and user friendly, but
thats before I actually got around to installing it.

The creatures in that expansion would go so well with our island. They are very insect and reptile like. A few retextures and add some pizazz and they would be good to go.

For those of you who haven't seen the creatures, go here for pictures

Cool creatures

I think there are new plants/trees too. I haven't even look at those yet.

Just a thought....

We should go with team consensus on this one. I believe we have decided against being OBSE dependent but have not made a final decision on SI.
I'd say that we see how far we can go without SI. If it's a choice between making new assets ourselves and using the ones from SI, we should go with the option that's the least work.

For the record, I believe Black Marsh, High Rock and Summerset Isles are all dependent on SI.
If we can avoid it, i'd do so. If we cant, then so be it. (it may also depend on who has SI here). ANd yes, there are trees and flora. Some of which may be useable.
As for OBSE, i think i had the final say in it since i'm pretty sure i'm the major scripter. I figured there wasnt anything really necessary in OBSE for our mod and if you look at tesnexus' top 100, barely a handful of them use it.
Quote:Originally posted by exilehunter
If we can avoid it, i'd do so. If we cant, then so be it. (it may also depend on who has SI here). ANd yes, there are trees and flora. Some of which may be useable.
As for OBSE, I think I had the final say in it since i'm pretty sure i'm the major scripter. I figured there wasnt anything really necessary in OBSE for our mod and if you look at tesnexus' top 100, barely a handful of them use it.

Seems to be the same consensus we had last time we discussed this issue. If we can avoid it, avoid dependency on SI. If not then we will use it.

Personally, I am fine with not being dependent on OBSE. I do not even have that installed.

Keep discussing though. This is a team, not a dictatorship. :eek:

(sorry about the accidental editing of your post exile)
Wasn't OBSE required for custom spells and stuff? Like dagger throwing or preforming a model-switch (like the Tsaesci: switch between legs and tail)?
Well, the tsaesci plan constantly changes. Since i joined, the plan was to have the tsaesci 'literally wear' a tail mesh that covered their legs, much like luchaire's mermaid mod. changing the lower body nif to an actual tail is possible but in the end, i'm not sure its necessary.
As for throwing knives, i thought they were just a suggestion. Besides, my scripting expertise doesnt cover anything quite that complex (too many mathematical calculations, geometric referencing and what not for my liking).

As for SI, the main resources we could use are scalons, baliwogs, perhaps the elytras and the grummites. It depends on the creature creation skills available (which i have a lack of).
Quote:Originally posted by exilehunter
Well, the tsaesci plan constantly changes. Since I joined, the plan was to have the tsaesci 'literally wear' a tail mesh that covered their legs, much like luchaire's mermaid mod. changing the lower body nif to an actual tail is possible but in the end, i'm not sure its necessary.
As for throwing knives, I thought they were just a suggestion. Besides, my scripting expertise doesnt cover anything quite that complex (too many mathematical calculations, geometric referencing and what not for my liking).

As for SI, the main resources we could use are scalons, baliwogs, perhaps the elytras and the grummites. It depends on the creature creation skills available (which I have a lack of).

I do not remember any definite decision on throwing knives. I do not know enough to know what would be required for a script allowing the transformation from legs to tail and back. I like that idea though.

We had only discussed some tsaesci having tails and others not having tails. I had released a version with legs. I like Shiver's better though. that really old version is still up on both PES and TESNexus.
I dont know about what were gonna do about the knives but i run an assassins creed mod that gives throwing knives and it works without me having to use OBSE.
Pages: 1 2