Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: FaLlOuT 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yay! I got myself Fallout 3...
I've been wandering in the Capital Wasteland for a few days, and i thought i'd shere my adventures with you!

PART1 (it takes an age to upload screenies, so it'll be just 1 this time)
[Image: ScreenShot8.jpg]
"I don't like outside."
-a little girl from Little Lamplight-
note: you can visit what you can see. The world is HUGE!
Yeah, I played Fallout 3 over Thanksgiving and liked it quite a bit.

Bethesda knows how to consistantly put out great games.
Quite a bit? I think it's the best game ever made!
[TITLE]My "top 1"[/TITLE]
Action: Fallout 3
Action-Adventure: Dark Messiah
Adventure: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Beat 'em up: never played one (i don't like "straight violence" games)
RPG: Diablo II/Baldur's Gate (can't decide)
RTS: Dawn of War
FPS: Unreal Tournament 2004
Indie: World of Goo
Retro: Starcraft
Puzzle: Gish
They will be releaseing a construction set for that as well. I am still debating whether to get that or not.
Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
They will be releaseing a construction set for that as well. I am still debating whether to get that or not.
IMHO, although I heard it is not as falloutish as the original Fallouts (the damned, fantasy music! X( ), it seems still to be game worth of playing as a FPS/RPG game on its own.
Quote:Originally posted by Ysne

It can be very repetitive.
As with Oblivion, there are one or 2 unique quests but then everything else turns into "get this" or "go here"

The landscape is huge, but most of the buildings can't even be entered.

There are maybe only a dozen different creatures/enemies so if you like variety wait for the mods to role in.

The visuals are awesome and can be very creepy sometimes. I enjoyed it for about 3 days, then after entering my 13th subway entrance to kill giant roaches I started to get bored.

I think it's worth the money. It's Oblivion with a gun, minus trees. Smile

I already tore apart the BSA files to look at stuff. Sadly clothes/armor occupy the whole body, not pieces (shoulders, feet, etc)

My opinion on the game really shouldn't be taken into account since
I only get these games to mod them, not play them. I think the last time I actually played Oblivion was about 2 weeks after it came out.
Fantasy music? All i can hear is retro 50'ies music... well, you have to turn your PipBoy on for that, or hope that there's an Enclave Eyebot flying by Big Grin
@Ra: My brother, all games are repetitive:kill this, kill that. solve this puzzle, etc. It's the way you're able to do it that makes game great. If you find ONE GAME that isn't repetitive ... :eek:
Quote:Ra: My brother, all games are repetitive:kill this, kill that. solve this puzzle, etc. It's the way you're able to do it that makes game great. If you find ONE GAME that isn't repetitive ... :eek:

Ahhh, you must be a youngin' =)

There are several games (unfortunately most are mmorpgs) that allow you to create as well as kill.

FO3 doesn't really have that many puzzles either.

It actually took me longer to finish Resistance 2 than it did Fallout 3 ? (

Maybe I missed something. What you you able to do in this game that was original?
Quote:Originally posted by ra5946
The landscape is huge, but most of the buildings can't even be entered.

I'd add from what I have seen, that the landscape is buildings ruins. What I thought is magical in the old Fallouts - the random encounters in the Wasteland - you know, sands, no rocks, etc. I remember when I was involved in the Ashes of Apocalypse mod for Oblivion - we were also to create some wasteland deserts - one of my greatest dream - to freely wander in the wasteland desert, with the sunlight in the sky and with the music, that makes you feel the hot temperature of the desert... Unfortunately the project is long dead. From what I have seen at youtube - you don't have any pure desert-like lcations, but I can be mistaken since I did not play the game.

About the "fantasy music" - Inon Zum made fantasy music for the game. Some ethnic flutes in exploration tracks (wtf? Guild Wars Factions?), very fantasy/tribal battle music, which applies more to a game like The Witcher than to postapocalyptic universe. Even the main theme feels something like dark fantasy. I'm sorry to say, but this is a fail in my eyes.
Quote:Originally posted by ra5946
Ahhh, you must be a youngin' =)

There are several games (unfortunately most are mmorpgs) that allow you to create as well as kill.

Maybe I missed something. What you you able to do in this game that was original?
On the countrary, my firiend. Let's say that, when the other kinds were playing soccer outside i was preforming a "zergling rush" in Starcraft. I know a lot of games enable you to CREATE stuff (Spore for example) but i still think that even you have the most original/creative game of all time, it'll always be repetitive in some way (again, Spore for example) The most promising game i can think of? Probably Mortal online...
What's original in Fallout 3? Not the things you have to, but how you do it, is original.
Some stuff that i think is original:
- VATS
- Radiation
- Quests
- Locations (Megaton, Rivet city, Little Lamplight)
- Character creation (the first hout in the game)
- The Retro-hightech fusion
- Realistic damage (broken bone, cripple, paralyze, decapitate,...)
- Drug addiction
- You need special trainign to wear armor
- Radiation can make you regrow limbs
- You can cannibalise on dead bodies
Pages: 1 2 3