Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Silgrad Horse Armor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey people,

As you may or may not know I am working on a new horse armor mod, Horse Armor Expanded. I have lots of new variants of horse armor 20 +, soon with new meshes too.

I will be creating a new esp for SI horse armor and I am wondering If it would be a good idea to do the same and Have unique horse armor for Silgrad.

Give me some Ideas if you think it is a good idea.
Nice idea :check:

Keep the design very Dunmer if you can.
Wow that was quick, Hmmm do you have any references?

Also they will be retexes only, since its hard getting new meshes. Though mr_siika is remaking the DLC meshes so the mod has its own without getting into trouble Smile
Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Wow that was quick, Hmmm do you have any references?

Not being a MW player, I don't really know best. RW is the best to ask for advice on that. Sorry to suggest something and then offer little by way of explanation Sad
No problem IG Smile
Cool idea!Do it!
Quote:Originally posted by Senten
Cool idea!Do it!

Thanks Senten, planning it atm
Morrowind style glass armour for a horse would be cool. It would definitely require a new mesh though. Something like netch leather would be great, could probably be done with the mesh that MrSiika is making. Chitin might be cool as well, it might be possible to use Hel Borne's textures for that.

I personally think that bonemold armour would look amazing. I think we're already using Ghogiel's bonemold armour, though I know he dislikes his own earlier work, some perhaps a new bonemold texture is in order?

Now, if only we had scripting commands to control the meshes loaded in the model loader section of the creature window in the CS. It would make scripting this so much easier and efficient.

Just some thoughts. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
Morrowind style glass armour for a horse would be cool. It would definitely require a new mesh though. Something like netch leather would be great, could probably be done with the mesh that MrSiika is making. Chitin might be cool as well, it might be possible to use Hel Borne's textures for that.

I personally think that bonemold armour would look amazing. I think we're already using Ghogiel's bonemold armour, though I know he dislikes his own earlier work, some perhaps a new bonemold texture is in order?

Now, if only we had scripting commands to control the meshes loaded in the model loader section of the creature window in the CS. It would make scripting this so much easier and efficient.

Just some thoughts. Smile

Would you be up for making a mesh or two?

The scripting commands are non existent as far as I know, though OBSE might help but I know silgrad does not want to use it. I like the idea of those types of armor, I will see if I can sort out chitin and bonemold using the existing textures, though they will use the same mesh. Also to note the meshes Mr_siika is making are recreations of the existing DLC ones so they can be uploaded along with the mod since in aint possible with DLC assests.

Should this be an add-on that is bundled along with my mod or should this be an add-on that is released with Silgrad?
Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Would you be up for making a mesh or two?
Certainly, though I'm limited with regards to time up until the new year. I've got loads of unfinished projects that I need to get done (I guess I can't consider myself a 'true artist' if I actually finish anything, though Wink).

Afterwards I should be able to give it a go, though I can't give a definite timeframe.
Quote:The scripting commands are non existent as far as I know, though OBSE might help but I know silgrad does not want to use it. I like the idea of those types of armor, I will see if I can sort out chitin and bonemold using the existing textures, though they will use the same mesh. Also to note the meshes Mr_siika is making are recreations of the existing DLC ones so they can be uploaded along with the mod since in aint possible with DLC assests.
I've been thinking of a solution to this - what about if an optional plugin was released that utilised OBSE to achieve the scripting for this. Using OBSE would allow any horse to utilise the armour, even if added by a mod.
Quote:Should this be an add-on that is bundled along with my mod or should this be an add-on that is released with Silgrad?
I personally think it should be an addon bundled with ST, but maybe released as a resource once ST has been released.
Pages: 1 2 3