Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Family
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My father is in the hospital in intensive care. He had a massive hemotoma caused by bleeding in his brain Sunday evening. I was at the hospital all night Sunday night and spent a good deal of today catching up on sleep.

He is alive, he is stable, he is completely non responsive. It is too soon to know how his recovery is going to go. I will be very stressed out and at times not near a computer.

My circadian rhythm is now completely out of whack again, which also is not going to help anything, but that's the way things go in the ongoing family soap opera.

I hate hospital waiting rooms. I hate this time year in part because that is when I have spent the most time in hospital waiting rooms.

Did I mention that I also hate soap operas? I have not been able to watch one since 1977. They are just too darned close to real life.
Damn!That's shame.

Buddy,don't panic.
Hopefully your dad coming along better.
Spend a lot of time with her.He need it im sure.

Best for your father. :yes:
I wish you and your family all the best as well.
Thank you. I was there again for a short while last night. He is stable and being carefully monitored. At this point it is just wating and seeing how he recovers.
Sorry to hear that Ysne. I hope your dad has a speedy recovery.
Thanks RA. He is still mostly non responsive. The prognosis is not good. I will keep praying for a miracle.
I hope things take a turn for the better for you.
Quote:I hope things take a turn for the better for you.

I hope so too, Ysne, I really do.
Thank you all for the support. There are very small changes in a positive direction. The staff keep telling us those changes do not mean anything. I never know whether they are just trying to keep us from getting our hopes up, or whether they are being truthful.

The fact that they want to keep him in ICU is, I think, the most significant. They would be shipping him off to a nursing home if they thought there was no hope.

Brain injuries are incredibly complex to predict and treat. I've been on the sidelines watching enough of them to know just how undpredictable. My daughter sustained one when she was 4 1/2. Her doctor said she was going to be in the hospital/intensive rehab unit for at least 8 weeks and likely longer. My daughter was out of the hospital 34 days after the accident.

That was when I first started realizing just how messed up our special ed system is here in the U.S. They discriminate between disabilities in some districts, not all of them, but some of them. Brain injuries get preference over ADHD is just one example.
I wish your family the best and hope your dad has a quick recovery.
Pages: 1 2 3