Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Caravan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was just looking around for more stuff to do, and I saw the caravans in the concept art, so I took a try.

so here it is:

[Image: caravan.png]
the UV map is a bit weird but that's what I came out with.

and here come the nif
edit: the second has collision, but it's a bit overdone -.- I don't really know how to fix it
Very well done!
looks nice..

but as you says your self, the UW-mapping could be better,,
but mostly on the wooden parts,
nice so far. i see what you mead about the uv map.
Need some fix,but it looks cool so far!
That collision is definitely overkill, and, as mentioned, the UV mapping needs fixing. Also, there are some shading issues with the wheels. I can take a look into it later if you want.

If you'd like to have a go at sorting out those issues yourself, I'd recommend:

1. Planar mapping the sides and bottom of the caravan.
2. Using either bhkBoxShapes or a very optimised MOPP collision mesh for most of the collision.
3. Sort out the normals on those wheels - Face Normals in NifSkope does this, there might be some similar command in your 3d program.
4. Get rid of those NiSpecularProperties - they're not needed, they sholdn't even be exported.

Personally I'd also use a new texture for the cushion and 'roof' of the caravan, and probably go for spoked wheels as well.
I fixed the UV and the collsion. I also used the face normals on the wheels, although I have no clue what it did...
and I deleted the NiSpecularPorperties...I'm pretty new to modelling, so I usually just go with what blender exports...
I retexd the canopy, but I don't think I'm going to spoke the wheel...It seems a bit much for now...this is still my first mesh if you don't count joining four cubes...

here's a pic:
[Image: caravan2.png]
and here's the mesh:
Better and better.If you can fix the wheels,then going to be more nicely.
I still don't get what's wrong with the wheels...just because they're not spoked?

edit: so anyways, I tried my hand at another... and here it is:
[Image: caravan1.png]
it's based mostly of gypsy vardos...
and it's too big for silgrad, so here I'm uploading to my google site (easiest atm...don't have rapidshare acc or anything...)
http://sites.google.com/site/wizjany/tes...edirects=0
I like it ! It looks really cool,its coming along perfect. :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2 3