Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Some sort of Fort
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Fort Zarrow

Names[s]:
brotherhood.esp
brotherhoodWakeupCell
brotherhoodMainHall
brotherhoodGuardrooms

Used Prefix:
brotherhood

History:
So, I've come up with some sort of Fort. Right now it consists of a big Main Hall including a pretty egocentric view of a throne. The owner of the fort is in the middle of a massacre, for he has set up a fire in the middle of the great hall, burning all his prisoners after he had them brutally beheaded. A cellar with an additional prisoner has been built aswell.
Things that are left to do would be:
-building a dining room, private quarters, sleeping rooms for the guards
-adding detail to the main hall, since its not much more but the light and the bloody middle theme

Ok, question is: Want it? If you do, let me know and I'll continue to work on it, letting your suggestions and creative comments flow into it. If you don't want it, thats fine to. I'll use it for myself then and have a million prisoners beheaded
:banana:

I was just thinking since I've been incredibly busy with school for some time and completely faded out of modding for oblivion. And I suddenly got the urge to work on it again, so I was thinking, I could aswell offer it to you.

-doc

-----------------Updates------------------

- Guard quarters have been set up, including sleeping and dining area and have been detailed.

-Waypoints have been added

- Generic Guard has been created

-Guard Captain, Quest and Guard-Nightshift created [01/23/09 - 15:19 GMT+1)

Quests:

-A prisoner in the basement prison of Fort Zarrow begs you to steal the key to his cell from the captain of the guard. If you can manage to unlock the very-hard-locked door, that's fine aswell. In reward, you can enter her cell, where you will find a hidden lever which will open a door in the private chambers of Zarrow, giving you access to some items he states as his "artefacts"
Status: Completed! (BUT: During the assimilation of the *.esp, you will have to give Venjar (brotherhooodVenjar) a final waypoint to flee to in the exterior. You can check her current AI settings to add/change the waypoints, the current one lets her simply run to the exit door.

-As part of a faction career quest, you will have to meat up with Zarrow, the controller of the fort. Since long he wanted to join the shadowscales. His recent actions have drawn their attention to him. Your mission. Kill Zarrow after putting his soul into a soulstone. Then you will need to give a potion to a prisoner, killing his soul, leaving his body intact. by casting a special spell on the argonian body, zarrow will be reborn. Changes still possible.
Status: Will have to be done seperately since i don't have any kind of tbm.esm, no faction data, so no option to set up working quest and dialog conditions.

Basics:

-Due to the lack of talent, neither voice files nor lip synch will be included and will have to be done seperately.

-Since I have no idea where the fort will be placed exactly, no Northmarkers will be included and will have do be inserted at a later point in time.

-----------------Pictures------------------

4) Guard/Bandits Dining Room
Sounds interesting. You have some screenshots you could show us?
Well, for some reason, Vista won't let me take screenshots of ingame footage? I guess you'll have to be fine with some Editor views.

#1) Guard rooms, including stairs, the captains room, dining - and sleeping room.
#2) A glympse at the great hall, where you can see the centre of attraction
#3) A sight from inside one of the prison cells, laying beneath the fort.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look as good on those pictures at it actually does X(
Anyhow. If you want me to continue my work on it for TBM,a name for the fort, some suggestion for quests or stories would be cool.

I mean, you could make it a simple fort with mauraders. OR you could make it a fort ruled by some sort of maniac, and you have to kill him without killing anyone else. or you have to join his men in order to get close to him. or you get in danger when his men catch you in the surroundings of the fort and you'll be beheaded. Or something like that.

-doc
It would be fantastic to finally have a dungeon to toy with! :banana:

My basic, gut response is to use the 'maniac' idea in combination with the concept of a Hist-resistance movement. I was planning on doing this with the settlement of Tenmar Wall so my question is: do you have an exterior for the Fort already and are you planning to have one?

If the answer is no then this would nicely fit into Tenmar Wall by means of a secret door. That would make the storyline something along the lines of a fanatical person who despises the Hist and, as a person of some considerable power, may have carefully cultivated a loyal following and continues to keep those who might speak out against him at arm's length through some cunning ploys. Alternatively, the people of Tenmar Wall are more like sympathisers of this individual whom they regard as a 'dark secret' and are tolerant and protective towards him whilst also a little fearful. They might then attract wandering Argonians into the village before trapping them in his 'lair'. Either way, most of the victims would have to be Argonian so if you want bodies around the place it would be best if we could get one of our modellers to create dead or dying Argonians. In the meantime, set it up as you wish and we can replace these later.

If the answer is yes then the best shot might be to put this into the landscape as a part of the sunken settlement of Glenbridge. The question is raised as to why this fairly Imperialised town has disappeared and the first answer is that it has succumbed to Argonia's floods. However, this could be a ploy to turn others away from an area being used by a member of the Sotha Tren (the Argonian criminal syndicate) or the Shadowscales (the Black Marsh Dark Brotherhood). In this case, the 'maniac' or 'maniacs' in question would have to be either an Argonian or strongly linked with Argonians, perhaps a Breton (for example) who feels extremely put out that what he sees as the real Dark Brotherhood (the Shadowscales) have so far rejected him so he is proving his worth by acts of atrocious blood-letting.

What do you say to those ideas?
I have the same problem taking screenshots with vista like you do. But judging from the screenies it's looking nice. Just waiting for an reply from other members.
No, i do not have an exterior yet. Since I just popped in and have no clue and not TBM files, I think it would be best if someone else did the exterior to this, putting it whereever you think it'll fit best. Besides, I suck at landscape modelling.
All I now would need to know is, how the player is confronted with the fort. Is he captured and treated like an enemy? Or is he simply there, tolerated but watched. Or is he welcomed as a friend? Has he been sent there? So I can set up a few dialoges and quests. In the meantime, I'll use the first post of this thread as a kind of blog updating info and screenshots.
Quote:Originally posted by drmccoy
-Due to the lack of talent, neither voice files nor lip synch will be included and will have to be done seperately.

You've obviously not met me before. I don't consider that to be a problem Big Grin . These forums have a host of VAs and I personally do a huge amount of it myself: http://uk.youtube.com/user/IbsensGhostUK .

As for your questions, I would say that the best option at this stage is probably the second one and to have the maniac as a wannabe Shadowscale. You would get this quest by obtaining the keys for the Fort from the Shadowscale assassins themselves. That would make this a part of the Shadowscale faction storyline. Given that the maniac will only speak to a Shadowscale and no other, you might have the player in a position of invulnerability to begin with. The maniac (let's call him Zarrow) would then be sussing the player out which could be done through either talking to some cronies of Zarrow's or setting up some traps or obstacles to overcome. Perhaps he wants you to prove you're a real Shadowscale assassin.

The player might disagree with his actions. If he does, he would fight against everything that the Fort throws at him. If he actually approves, a twist can still be put into the tale which might go something like this: the Shadowscales are a little xenophobic (could Deeza or another familiar with BM lore please confirm this detail for me?) and cannot accept a non-Argonian into their organisation. Therefore, Zarrow must be 'given' to the Hist. This might mean using a rather splendid spell effect in which poor Zarrow is tossed kicking and screaming (as he realises his error) into a summoned Hist tree or celestial plane of the Hist, whereby he is destroyed and emerges anew as...an Argonian!

Bear in mind that this interior would be located at the sunken site of the settlement of Glenbridge so there would be plenty of poor townspeople to slaughter. Smile In fact, suspicion could have been raised about these events when it was discovered that, following the flood, no one emerged alive and no bodies were seen!

Apart from that, you can develop this as you wish, I think. Does that sound okay?
That sounds just fine. I'll try to make it as good as possible even though i don't understand everything yet. I'm not the lore person of TBM.

Too, I think now would be a good point in time to tell you that This .esp is based ONLY on the oblivion.esm. A tbm.esm oder something like that is not being used so far. So the exterior aswell as the storyline quests and dialoges will have to be put in by someone else! (Or you give me a tbm.esm AND tell me everything about lore. but i think someone else doing it will be just fine)
You'd read my mind. I just raised this question on the core boards so hopefully I can get some input on that. From what I know, transporting an interior shouldn't be much of an issue but I may need to quiz people on that one.

I'm not a lore person either but if Deeza or Back2Murder drop by then one of them should be able to set you straight. This would be very useful, especially where the Shadowscale faction is concerned. I'd have to go looking for a thread that covers the topic of the Shadowscales but I'm not sure where that might be as I wasn't with the team in the earlier planning stages.
Alright, guess I'll head back to my guards and have them frickin patrol *Sigh*. Trying to get back into it :eek:
Pages: 1 2 3