Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Quick question on esp merging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just a quick question: we have an interior being worked on in the Black Marsh mod that has been created without the esm enabled and is therefore entirely separate from the esm and does not depend on it. Is it possible to merge this file so that it can be linked up with the main esm once the exterior is created or would this cause problems?
Hi IG. My guess is that it needs to be opened and saved with the esm in question. Sandor no doubt will have the answer but lets see how far off I am Smile.
So...open up both the independent esp whilst loading up the esm at the same time and then, when ready, link the two through a door to the outside WS and save as a separate esp or as the same esp?
Again IG please do not take what I say on this issue as a solution. I was guessing that loading the esp and the esm in the CS at the same time and making what changes you wanted, then saving would allow the esp to be merged to the esm.
you should be able to merge both even if one does not have a dependency.

if you do decide to do what Zurke advised and save it with a dependancy all you have to do is load the esm with the esp set as active. then when it loaded move something in the cell a tiny bit (you can even undo it after) and click save.

never make esps dependent on esps.
Okaydoke, thanks guys! :goodjob:
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar

if you do decide to do what Zurke advised and save it with a dependancy all you have to do is load the esm with the esp set as active. then when it loaded move something in the cell a tiny bit (you can even undo it after) and click save.

never make esps dependent on esps.

I didn't advise anything on the issue. When I 'guess' I am not advising I am throwing out a possibility that needs further thought.
semantics. "suggested" a better word? you were right either way Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
semantics. "suggested" a better word? you were right either way Smile

I'm gonna have to go with Zurke on that one, my dear lady. Advise and guess have different meanings entirely. I can guess a woman has knickers on, but I would advise that she does not (and wears a skirt, please). Tongue
oh my.
Pages: 1 2