Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Stormhold - Paper Chase (Redundant)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, here's the idea. I could picture some young inhabitants at play, running around the town and all. So I was thinking, one of the "kids" could come up to you and ask you to play with them. They have set up a paper chase all around Stormhold, inside and outside buildings and so on. It could be really fun to just keep on looking for a note between some rocks on a well or behind a big tree (or maybe in a tree hole?). Maybe they have sneaked into a guardtower and placed a note somewhere in there? After all, if you manage to get to the final clue, you'll be rewarded with an item, i'd suggest a potion (1-2) or a lower weapon, or maybe a book teaching you about acrobatics or stealth (or actually whatever). I guess they found the item at play in the surroundings, maybe even somewhere in a cave (If so, they might tell you the location of the cave and you can go loot it (lower loot)).

But yes, just and idea i've come up with like 5 minutes ago. What do you think? Potential?
(Also availible for hide-and-seek and catch-me games Big Grin )

-doc
Sounds a bit like stuff that's a lot in japanese RPGs. I like the idea. Smile
Sounds interesting. Of course, it'd be too much trouble to made kids in the game... perhaps some young, very bored Argonians instead?

I like the idea, it could be quite fun if they were hidden in clever enough places.
Yes, I wasn't actually thinking about kids. More like ... "The Stormhold Gang" .. bored Argonians seem like a good target group.
Nice! Highly original and gives Argonians a more playful, friendly character than in the contexts we've seen them in elsewhere. So a definite thumbs-up :goodjob:.
Yay! :banana:
It should be fairly easy to set up as well with a bit of careful forethought. Bear in mind though, that Stormhold needs to be altered a little and completed. I'd like to have a separate WS created for it like Gideon. In which case, the walls need to go around it. I was planning on doing this after the jungle region was generated. It shouldn't be a great deal of work (I hope) but areas also need adjusting where some models don't fit well enough with each other and with the ground. So this may well be a quest that is best planned but not executed as yet.
Yes, it's probably best saved for later until we're about to do the final clean up.
I think Stormhold needs to be completely redesigned - at the moment it's kind of boring. On the Imperial Library, there's an interview with one of the developers, and for some reason he mentioned Stormhold. I think his idea was pretty cool actually:

He reckoned Stormhold wasn't built at ground level, but on platforms in the air supported by towers (this stops it flooding in the rainy season). Houses and shops, and the governor's fort are built into these towers, which are connected by walkways. At ground level, there's nothing but a huge mess of marsh elf ruins half-submerged into the water.

The beauty of this design is that we can make it into a separate worldspace without walls - just have the ladders up the towers teleport the player. If the weather system of the Stormhold worldspace was constantly set to thick mist, you'd never know the platform was floating. (If the player jumps off, just have an invisible floor that they hit and die, a la Halo.

Sounds good?
Sounds great, actually! I love the idea of a city just floating out in the nowhere, always surrounded by thick mist .. makes me feel at home =)
Pages: 1 2