Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Idea For Model Scroll Chest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are a couple of my ideas

1. What im thinking is just a rectangle chest with no top with Scroll meshes Stacked inside and a second mesh to place on top that works as a lid/door so when you click the lid it opens

2. A door Shaped as a chest So it opens when you click it
And a few scroll meshes scaled to fit in the chest and that part made into a container So you click the chest to open it Then click the scrolls to acces the container and store scrolls.

Pro's: Looks better and feels a lil more real

Cons's: Harder to set up in the cs

If enough people like it Ill start work on it.
And hopefully this is how chests will work in oblivion
It sounds good. That may work, but we also don't know what all Oblivion supports, which may already be openable (animated) containers such as this, without the use of 'doors' and 'containers'. We'll see soon enough I think.
Thats true ill hold off till oblivion comes out but still makeing a scroll box for my shelf lol
If containers in Oblivion are non-animated as they were in Morrowind then I think your idea is really cool. Actually, I bet they are non-animated because Bethesda likes levelled lists so much and having chests that opens and reveals its contents to the player would probably cause them a lot of headaches. I definetely think you should develop that idea into a model :goodjob: