Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Textures not showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 computers. On the one I'm working on I'm using Niftools with the auto path set. I launch Oblivion and the textures show up. I move my Test.esp to the 2nd pc and they are not showing up.
Machine 1 is C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data
Machine 2 is C:\Oblivion\
Again Niftools is set for auto path. How do I fix this?
Is the auto path setting up anything before "/texture"?, if so this would be your problem, just remove anything before the "texture" part in the mesh texture path [You problably know this Tongue]

Other than that its quite strange ?(
Well what I did is I created a folder
C:\Program Files\NifTools\NifSkope\textures.
That works. The render path is setup like this
./
./textures

Still not seeing textures. The only way I can see the textures in Oblivion is if I put the textures inside the
c:/Oblivion/Data/Textures/ folder.
Do I have to put the textures I'm using into this folder?
I thought Oblivion would look for the textures inside the
Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa file.
So if I use a texture from Oblivion I have to move that texture to the c:/Oblivion/Data/Textures/ folder?
If you are using Vanilla Oblivion textures then the mesh should pick up the texture in the .bsa aslong as the mesh is placed inside the Oblivion Data directory.

It sounds like you model texture paths may need adjusting, if not I am not sure.
Well I'm creating my own meshes.
C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\Meshes
These are all orginal meshes. I'm using the ripped bsa textures files to texture my caverns. These are not Oblivion nif files.

Also I still need help linking my caverns together. How are links done?
Where is a website or video I could watch?

Also is there a fast way to look at the Oblivion meshes without using the Construction Set. I neeed a fast way to pic and choose what meshes I want to put in my caverns without long searches for a particular mesh that I like.
I think I got the hang of it. Read the Elderscrolls how to. The only thing I can't figure out is setting up elvators.
I saw Tree platform with lift in Silgrad Tower. Was wondering if there is documention on setting something like that on the web.
Quote:Originally posted by slick
I think I got the hang of it. Read the Elderscrolls how to. The only thing I can't figure out is setting up elvators.
I saw Tree platform with lift in Silgrad Tower. Was wondering if there is documention on setting something like that on the web.
It was me that animated the lift, so if you've got any specific questions feel free to ask.

I'm guessing that you're probably wanting a tutorial. I've got an almost finished tutorial on simple animation using 3ds Max, but it's a mess right now and I don't have time to finish it up, unfortunately. If you're a Max user I can PM it to you as it is. Also, you might want to check out SaidenStorm's animation tutorials.

To be honest, the whole animation for a simple lift (i.e. moves between two positions) could be made entirely in NifSkope, but I honestly couldn't tell you how as I use Max for all of my animations.
Well how about I send you some of my semi finished stuff for your mod and you can add the elevators yourself. I just want to create the areas. I'm not much interested in adding the quest, plots, monsters, and furniture. I'll send you the esp whenever I got something that is half way desent. You can add the elevators after that.