Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Using TES4Gecko
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am just learning how to use this program and I would like to ask:

I understand from the readme that when you try to merge a .esp into a .esm any landscape changes will not be merged, and "move worldspaces" must be used first. What I would like to know is: what exactly does this mean? Does this mean that you can only merge a plugin directly if it doesn't include any modifications to exterior cells?

Edit:
So, for example, if I were to want to do region generation without the risk of messing up the master file, could I do the region generation in a dependent .esp, move worldspaces, and then merge the .esp?
i guess you can still merge it, but it just wont preserve landscape changes.

i just ran a merge of an esp to esm and it seems to have preserved landscape data just fine, so i dont really know what this is about.

Edit: region generation doesnt mess with the landscape, just adds stuff, i think it will be fine either way.
Thanks. I will take the plunge and try it. If I run into any problems I may post again.
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
I understand from the readme that when you try to merge a .esp into a .esm any landscape changes will not be merged..
No, the landscape changes will be merged.

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
[..] and "move worldspaces" must be used first.
This function is only relevant if you want to create a load order independent esm.