Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The end - with a new beginning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick note to the folks reading these boards to say that I will soon begin backing up the Valenwood boards to html format and then subsequently deleting almost all the live content here.

But it doesn't really spell the end for Valenwood. Rather, it's a new beginning since the mod will live on in a more focused form under Deeza's leadership.

So when you see threads starting to disappear, don't worry, they're safely backed up before being deleted and this main board with the new threads will remain active. Smile

( I locked this thread because the discussion of Valenwood's future is better suited to take place in other threads Smile )
The backup is now complete, and the archived site can be accessed via the link at the top of the remaining board. It was a lot of work, but I rather enjoyed doing it. The way it lets me put things in order is not unlike playing Tetris.

I have also prepared an archive containing the old forum as a local site. Download and extract it, then double-click on the index.htm file and it should open in your browser. Then you can browse the old forum instantaneously on your computer. It doesn't contain the large images or files because I figured no-one wanted to download those extra 230mb Smile

Apart from the archive link you can also browse the 550 images from the old project that I uploaded to my Photobucket account. I figured it was best to harvest everything and put it there because as old team members move on they might not retain those images on the original accounts. In the case of images uploaded to ImageShack, which was a common practice, the service has an irksome habit of deleting images seemingly at random which means some of the images produced by the project are deleted and may be gone forever; uploading them to Photobucket prevents more of those images from suffering that fate since my expereince is that Photobucket never deletes images. But please note that I did not have the intention of backing up every single image, so it might be worthwhile to go through it and save any images you deem important.

The archive of old superflous threads I removed from the archive is also still available, on a separate page which can be accessed through the main archive's board for archived threads. It's 99.98% likely it is of no use to anyone, ever. (The honest cause behind that first html backup is that raggidman duplicated a lot of threads without apparant reason.)
In case anyone wants to have easy access to the image collection, I uploaded an archive of it to rapidshare.