Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: An appropriate question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now with the release of Fallout III from Bethesda and rumours of a TESV release coming in the near future, early 2010 from what I've gathered from the people involved, I have a question about Silgrad.

Do those in charge here have a definite or semi-definite time that Silgrad Tower 3.0 will be ready?

As I predicted here many months ago now, the continuing progress of Bethesda on the next TES release will have a serious diverting affect of public attention away from ST. I believe we all realise that the more time that goes by the weaker the reception and interest the public will have in ST 3.0.
In fact as the case will be with all large TES mods, time of production of the WIP will drastically decrease the interest in it. Enough passage of time and the only interest will be collectors and/or the people directly involved with its production. The general public and users will have moved on to newer and other things.

Here's to my hoping that ST 3.0 will be ready to go soon.

(Time, the great unstoppable and unbeatable enemy of us all.)

Boserman
I can't predict a release date for 3.0, but here's my take on the whole issue of interest:

To me, it's not the final creation that's important here, but the process of getting there. The journey, not the destination. To be honest, I wouldn't care if the only interest in the mod was from people in these forums, as contributing my meshes and animations to the project gives me a canvas to work on, and the opportunity to improve my skills.

Anyway, I don't think interest in ST will die anytime soon as the release of The Forgotten Garden is planned within the next couple of months.
I share nick_op's sentiment. For me it all boils down to one thing - fun. I'm doing it because I'm having fun, others in the team are doing it because they're having fun, and sure we can set goals and deadlines but they have to be incentives otherwise we run the risk of destroying the fun we're having.

If we buckled down and worked our asses off to get 3.0 out then yes, maybe we'd release it sooner. But who knows how many team members we'd lose along the way? Because if there's a complete opposite to the kind of fun we're having here, then I would say that opposite is stress. It's better to work at one's own pace and take time for other things in life than to burn out chasing a deadline that, when it really comes down to it, isn't all that important.
I will agree it is about fun and interest. Smile
Also there's been quite a few rumors that the next game in the Elder Scrolls series will be an unmoddable MMORPG. If that rumor turns out to be true then Oblivion's reign as the premier platform for ES modding will be very long indeed. I'm almost hoping they go MMORPG on the next game so us in the Silgrad Tower team won't have to worry about converting our mod anytime soon Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Also there's been quite a few rumors that the next game in the Elder Scrolls series will be an unmoddable MMORPG. If that rumor turns out to be true then Oblivion's reign as the premier platform for ES modding will be very long indeed. I'm almost hoping they go MMORPG on the next game so us in the Silgrad Tower team won't have to worry about converting our mod anytime soon Smile

I really hope this is true, this is a mod I want to see finished, plus with Dumac City currently on hold due to our members being busy, this will give us even more time to focus on quality.

I never played the last ST for Morrowind, but I wanna see this finished and be able to play the whole thing as invisioned by the team.

Damn, I really hope its an MMORPG Tongue
Oh yeah, Dumac - haven't thought about it for awhile. Why did work on it cease? I thought for sure it would become one of the best parts of our 3.0 release.

I'm not up to speed with the progress on it, but can't you box off the parts that aren't developed so that the parts of Dumac that already has been developed is playable? Would be good to have at least a partial ruin in the release.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Oh yeah, Dumac - haven't thought about it for awhile. Why did work on it cease? I thought for sure it would become one of the best parts of our 3.0 release.

I'm not up to speed with the progress on it, but can't you box off the parts that aren't developed so that the parts of Dumac that already has been developed is playable? Would be good to have at least a partial ruin in the release.

Well our best modder Seniosh is busy with RL, I was busy starting Vv along qith the help from Bob and Captain-Ultima.

What I am going to do as soon is collect everything that has been done or is near to completion, I will get them finished and start on some more stuff. I know the exterior is complete so its interiors mostly Smile
Ok. Thankyou for doing that InsanitySorrow Smile
Well if Beth does go MMORPG with TESV I know one customer they won't have to worry about having.
I don't do the MMORPG route and never will. That kind of gaming is for others and not at all for me.
Only single player games that reside on my machine have an interest for me, as I have no desire for any outside/online competitors to become involved in my gameplay.
IMO many others will feel the same way and if Beth decides to take that route with TESV then they will lose that audience and market as well. Maybe those in control at Beth and Zenimax feel that that is where the real money is in gaming now.
If that is the case then I say more power to 'em, but they won't see an ounce of interest from folks like me.
Pages: 1 2 3