Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [Models&Textures]ApelCiHs Showcase.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello. This is my models and textures showcase for Argonia.
Now, i will show your my work with textures.
Do you need somethings like moss, or maybe scum?
But if your want, i can show your beautiful bark! :-P
All textures is tiled. But dont use .jpeg images. If you like it - i will make more in .dds.
Should i do normal map texture?
Yeah, all of those look great! I particularly like the scum texture. It's something I would like to use quite a lot for the deeper marshlands, both in terms of rock textures and landscape textures. Would you be okay to get those applied in such a way so we could get some screenshots? As I mentioned, I'm pretty bad with textures (probably due to my partial colour-blindness) so it would be nice to get an idea for how they might look.

An excellent start, ApelCiH! :goodjob:

As mentioned before, my main focus for the moment is the jungle region so anything you might find that would help us to formulate the general look and feel of that region would be excellent. And your arrival is perfect timing for this, btw!
Quote:Would you be okay to get those applied in such a way so we could get some screenshots?

Sorry, but i havnt Oblivion on my PC. If any-one want to test it - i can send archive in .dds format. What about normal maps? Should i do that?
Quote:Sorry, but i havnt Oblivion on my PC. If any-one want to test it - i can send archive in .dds format. What about normal maps? Should i do that?

Oh, I see. Yes, .dds files should be fine. I think I should be able to test them out from those. But, due to my lack of technical skills in this area, I have no idea what is meant by 'normal maps'. Hopefully, nick_op, Koniption or one of the other technically-clever guys can help out here.
I just wanted to chip in that dark textures aren't ideal for Oblivion due to it's lighting system. The game can darken a bright texture just fine when the surrounding area is dark, but it can't light up a dark texture when it's bright. Ergo if you make a table model using a dark wooden texture then if a player wielding a torch stands next to it it will look rather surreal. I've had that problem myself in other cases.

To make normal maps I would suggest the shareware program ShaderMap Pro. It won't let you save the normal maps until you register it, but there's nothing preventing you from taking a screen dump of the generated map and fixing it up in Photoshop Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
But, due to my lack of technical skills in this area, I have no idea what is meant by 'normal maps'. Hopefully, nick_op, Koniption or one of the other technically-clever guys can help out here.

Normal map know by its suffix "_N", is basically another texture that OB uses to control how the light reflects off the surface of the object. Without it the texture would not reflect light or anything so its always best to have it.
So I should be using those file types when they're available when modding....?

ApelCiH - Is it possible for you to lighten those textures a little? I was thinking of using them for exteriors really but it may help to have a version that's a bit brighter, as RW says.
What resoultion of texture you need? 256-256? 512-512? 1024-1024? 2048-2048?

And wich textures should i do? Wink

Quote:ApelCiH - Is it possible for you to lighten those textures a little? I was thinking of using them for exteriors really but it may help to have a version that's a bit brighter, as RW says.
Yes i will.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
So I should be using those file types when they're available when modding....?

Yes Smile, every texture that is amde should come with its normal map texture, you can tell becuase the normal map has the same name as the texture but with an added _N at the end of it.

Quote:Originally posted by ApelCiH
What resoultion of texture you need? 256-256? 512-512? 1024-1024? 2048-2048?

I would suggest 512x512 or at most 1024x1024, anything over that is overkill and could impact performance.
Quote:I would suggest 512x512 or at most 1024x1024, anything over that is overkill and could impact performance.
So i will do 1024-1024 :-P.
And... Wich landscapte textures you need for Argonia?
Pages: 1 2