Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: 'To Do' thread for Ibsen's Ghost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I thought I'd christen the arrival of 'The Sticky Guar' forums with a dev thread of my own. This is for my own reference as much as anyone else's. I will continue to post priority claims and suchlike but try to keep my sense of perspective by coming back here. Otherwise, I can lose track of important jobs.

So here is my current (big and nasty) 'to do' list or 'action plan'

1. See if I can help out with the assets audit so that we can return to using bsa format again for the archive.
  2. Setting up interior claims for Gideon, the rest of Stormhold, Rock Grove, Chasepoint and Hixinoag.
  3. Finalise work on Darkmoor generation.
  4. Sorting out the factions and their assigned weapons and armour. See this claim: CLAIM: Armour and Weapon Assignations to Factions .
  5. Gameplay essentials such as levelled lists (weapons, armour, creatures, items etc.), shamanic bhuru magic, flora properties and 'diseases of the black marsh' need to be sorted.
  6. More city planning so that signposts can be created and tapestries / banners can be assigned to cities.
  7. More Quests and writing to flesh out the exteriors.
  8. Nuking the CTD issues surrounding Stonewastes and other, more minor errors.
  9. Sort out the swampwater error so that it can be used as the default water for BM.
  10. Modding. Regions come first, then landscapes/settlements (enabling us to introduce creatures), then interiors (enabling us to introduce races and Factions), then dungeons/quests.
    [/list=1]

A more detailed list of jobs to do is here: Path To Glory .
Sounds like a well thought-out plan. I would be happy to do the region generation if sandor can't, but I have a queue of other projects to do region gen for at the moment (first High Rock, then Summerset Isles).

I think that if Rickious turns out to have gone for good we could always use those lovely stumps from Shivering Isles that Senten found for the Paatru villages. I can't think of anything we could use for Helstrom, but that can come later I suppose.
I have a bit of an update for you there. Koniption successfully contacted Rickious this week and he responded positively. He has been improving his skills of late, apparently, and would be happy to continue his work on Murkwood. I sent word via Koniption that the Paatru tileset is a priority for the beta version. However, good point noted about the stumps Senten suggested.

As for Helstrom, it's an Aztec/Mayan-inspired place as far as I understand it. Various pyramid models have been constructed but I contacted Divine Avenger here: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....p=13476957 about his pyramid model for the Predator mod and he suggested I get in touch with Drusvak, its creator. Drusvak told me he couldn't let me have the Predator model but would show me some pics of some pyramids I might wish to have. You've just reminded me to get back in touch with him as this was about two months ago now.
Those look fantastic!

As for Helstrom, the inhabited part of the city itself was going to be organic (made of dead Hist trees and weird root growths).

But if all that was built on top of mayan-style ruins the place would look even more amazing. I can just see one of those pyramids with a huge Hist sprouting out of the summit...
I added a point about Koniption's flora as the first point in the list.
*ARG!!* I knew that my gleaming flora would bite me in the arse eventually. I guess I will start to work on their textures again and make them non-shiny.

Ibsen, can you post or PM me, the list of my flora that you've seen gleaming too much? If not, then I'll test out every piece of flora ingame myself, and try to fix the textures accordingly.

Koniption
Thanks K,

I sent a PM. btw, what's the difference between CocoNutIngred1 and CocoNutFlora1?

P.S. I couldn't find a texture file for the Ginko ingredient or the Palm trees. There'll probably be a few other file discrepancies along the way.

P.P.S. There doesn't seem to be a separate texture for the Hibiscus plant trunks. I'm using the basic file (without the _n or Icon) but the trunk comes up partially coloured by the same colour as the flower. Yet the leaves have no separate texture and they've come up fine. ?(

P.P.P.S. The Stardust has me baffled.... ?(
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Thanks K,

I sent a PM. btw, what's the difference between CocoNutIngred1 and CocoNutFlora1?

P.S. I couldn't find a texture file for the Ginko ingredient or the Palm trees. There'll probably be a few other file discrepancies along the way.

P.P.S. There doesn't seem to be a separate texture for the Hibiscus plant trunks. I'm using the basic file (without the _n or Icon) but the trunk comes up partially coloured by the same colour as the flower. Yet the leaves have no separate texture and they've come up fine. ?(

P.P.P.S. The Stardust has me baffled.... ?(

1) CocoNutIngred1 is the ingredient coconut that you harvest from the CocoNutFlora1, after you shoot CocoNutFlora1 out of the palm tree and activate it. DO NOT do region generation with either of them, for they are both clutter havoked and not static - you'll end up with many bouncing coconuts everywhere. Read here for how they are used and the current limitations of the tree harvesting system I was previously working on (the answer is in one of my posts):

Region generating for southern Elsweyr

2) Ginko & Palm trees: If in doubt, redownload my resource pack from TESNexus, to get the textures and meshes. They should be untouched and in their pure form from TESNexus. I know textures and meshes get messed up along the way when handed from person to person..

3) The Hibiscus plant trunk uses the "introsewoodpost01.dds" texture found in the "textures\wood\..." Oblivion directory, so look in that directory for the texture. You might need to check the texture path in the nif to get the trunk to point to that texture instead.

4) Stargazer Lily: Yeah, that one's a little weird.... I made this flower before I realized two different plants made of same texture could share a texture map (newb beginnings), so there are two different texture maps, with similar flower textures on them. StarGazerLily01.nif uses the "stargazerlily01.dds" textures and the other nif uses the other texture.

Ooops! You said "StarDust" didn't you?? Ok, the stardust is the ingredient to the stargazer lilies. You know how the stargazer lilies glow at night with stars on their petals? Well the stardust is the name for some of the pollen or glowing dust found on the flower petals, and the pile of stardust also glows in the dark and twinkles.

Koniption
Admittedly, not my piece of swampland, Smile but I have a question based on this:

Quote:1) CocoNutIngred1 is the ingredient coconut that you harvest from the CocoNutFlora1, after you shoot CocoNutFlora1 out of the palm tree and activate it. DO NOT do region generation with either of them, for they are both clutter havoked and not static - you'll end up with many bouncing coconuts everywhere. Read here for how they are used and the current limitations of the tree harvesting system I was previously working on (the answer is in one of my posts):

Is the bouncing coconut syndrome caused by the generation process, or would having a large number of those plants affect the game anyway? The approach that I am thinking of would be to use a static with the proper dimensions as a placeholder for the generation process. After generation, the base form ID for every generated reference could be replaced using TES4Gecko v15. If the problem lies solely in the region generation and not the game engine, that might work.

Steve
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Admittedly, not my piece of swampland, Smile but I have a question based on this:

Quote:1) CocoNutIngred1 is the ingredient coconut that you harvest from the CocoNutFlora1, after you shoot CocoNutFlora1 out of the palm tree and activate it. DO NOT do region generation with either of them, for they are both clutter havoked and not static - you'll end up with many bouncing coconuts everywhere. Read here for how they are used and the current limitations of the tree harvesting system I was previously working on (the answer is in one of my posts):

Is the bouncing coconut syndrome caused by the generation process, or would having a large number of those plants affect the game anyway? The approach that I am thinking of would be to use a static with the proper dimensions as a placeholder for the generation process. After generation, the base form ID for every generated reference could be replaced using TES4Gecko v15. If the problem lies solely in the region generation and not the game engine, that might work.

Steve

well, in the thread I linked to above, llamaranger tried to do region gen with the CocoNutFlora1....and since CocoNutFlora1 is also with clutter collision - made purposefully with clutter collision so it falls from the palm tree when shot at - the region gen he did had all these rolling coconuts all over the ground because he did not know to use the "harvest basket" nif that was included with my resource pack to place under & around the flora coconuts in the treetops.

You could possibly make a static version of the coconut nif and replace it later after region gen via TESGEcko (never used that program though) with the clutter-collisioned coconut. Just be sure to somehow pair up each coconut with its harvest basket, else they will automatically fall to the ground in the game since nothing to catch them.

Also, if the flora coconut falls into a neighboring cell, the flora coconut can't be activated until brought back to the cell of its origin (game limitation, I think). I tried to remedy this by making that coconut heavier in mass, so it flies less far when shot at. I'm sure other tweaks to those particular settings could be done to keep the flora coconut from straying.

I found out you can enter differently collisioned items as flora, and be able to harvest things from them. So to make tree harvesting more realistic, I made three special items: a flora coconut, the ingredient coconut, and the harvest basket with gaps in it-

1) You place the harvest basket in the treetops while it is still visible mesh (you make it invisible later on, when all are placed). The basket has strategically placed gaps so arrows, fireballs, etc can reach through to the flora coconut and shoot it out of the basket.
2) You place the flora coconut in the basket and turn on havok in the CS til it settles in place. The flora coconut has a small invisible static triangle in the nif next to the coconut, so that the clutter-collisioned part resets back to the treetops back next to the static triangle when "Reset3DState" is called on cell reset via script, and therefore back into the harvest basket that holds it. You attach the ingredient coconut to be harvested from the flora coconut, in the CS.

Koniption
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16