Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Door light model?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a quick question....I'm trying to find the door light model that lights up the background behind a door that is inside a cave to give the impression of daylight on the other side. Can anyone recall what it is called and whether it is independent of the doors themselves? Would I have to attach the doorlight to a door model or something?
CaveDaylightAmbXXX in the WorldObjects -> Lights are the ones used in Oblivion's caves, I think. Obviously the higher the number the more intense the light becomes. Are those the ones you mean?
My first guess would be lightbulbs like Dave_91 mentioned. I am in the process of doing the same thing.

My thoughts are be careful with the type of light. The day turns to night sooner or later and then it is moonlight. Having the exterior entrance semi enclosed could allow you to keep one light type for day and night.
Might be time consuming and a little pointless but wouldn't it be possible to use enable/disable scripts so that the lights become brighter depending on the time of day the player enters the cell?
I don't think any of these options will turn out to be applicable as I'm trying to set up a tunnel entrance to Sachiel's large cave interior where I have placed a village. There is a large gap in one wall where I have positioned a new tunnel model, except this particular tunnel model has no gap at the other end for the door....in fact, it doesn't even have a wall to bring the tunnel to an end so I've just blocked it up with another rock.

So now I'm hoping to just re-texture a cave entrance so that it fits with the textures currently being used.

But this brings me to another problem that's been on my mind lately. Many of the meshes seem to be inaccessible via Windows or NifSkope (why is that? Are they part of an all-in-one vanilla bsa or something?). Is it possible to grab that cave entrance model so that I can re-texture it?

I have had people do re-textures of vanilla models for me before, I think. But I think it's time I learned how to get hold of them for myself.
Yeah you'll need to extract the files from the .bsa's.

It has been a while since I extracted mine - back when I started modding Oblivion but I'm quite certain that you need to extract them before they're accessible.
Thanks Dave_91. Smile So how do I go about extracting them? Does it take a while?
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Thanks Dave_91. Smile So how do I go about extracting them? Does it take a while?

It does not take long to extract the files, use a tool called TES4Archive, its the best.

I tried looking on TESNexus for it and cant find it so I will upload it for you.

TES4Archive
IG, I may not understand what you are trying to do. But from your first post it sounded like you wanted to make the entrance appear to have an exterior enviroment behind it.

Check out the image. It is an entance to a cave. The interior exit will be set up so it looks the way the outside does. Which will be rock face. The light in the interior cell on the other side of the door will give it ambiance.

Zurke has attached this image (downsized version):
[Image: tn_attachment-15387.jpg]
Entrance.jpg (556.27 KB)
That's a cool idea. I guess if there are lanterns on the outside at all times then it would explain away the light to a degree....and thanks, IS. I'll use that!