Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Top 5 things that happened since September -08?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The other day I talked with another team member and he mentioned how long ago it was since we/I last published news on the front page of our website. The latest article is from September 10th last year. It's not like nothing's happened since then, I think we just tend to focus on the forum and sortof don't think about the website that much. But to many readers whom haven't come into our forum yet, the website is Silgrad Tower, and the lack of recent news might give the wrong impression.

What do you think are the most important things that have happened in our team since September?

For the top spot on the list I'd like to nominate a development update of our teaser mod. I'm not sure if I'd be the best person to write that news item, but I can give it a shot. We need four more news items to refresh the front page, so I look forward to hearing your pitches!
Hi Razorwing.

Well I suppose we could mention the farmland as that was a large enough area to have an impact. One can say the landscape is done with exterior homes/houses. Interior claims are being done.

Silgrad City has alot of claims completed. I am not sure what direction Sandor is headed with the exterior.

I am not sure how the other areas of ST are doing or what has progressed but I am sure they must have made progress.

Have we recieved any new assets that we could mention? How about new/old folks who have made contributions?
Great pitches, Zurke :goodjob:

I can write a bit about the farmland and then send the text over to you for review (in case I misunderstood something that I wrote about). I don't know enough about the city of Silgrad Tower to be able to write anything substantial about its development, but I could always research the claim threads to try and highlight the interiors that have been created. Plus I can always throw in a bit about how my work on Soluthis' city exterior is going; the overall city layout did change rather drastically in my last plugin.

So this is what I have so far:
[indent][/indent]1. An update on our teaser mod.
[indent][/indent]2. The on-going development of the Farmland region.
[indent][/indent]3. Round-up of the development of Soluthis' city exterior.
[indent][/indent]4. Highlights of interiors in the city of Silgrad Tower.
[indent][/indent]5. ...

I haven't modelled anything worth mentioning as of late, but I'm sure I could throw an article together about something I made as a fallback plan if the #5 slot remain open. Hmm. Well I could write about the road I modded from TheImperialDragon's farm towards Silgrad Tower, it wasn't exactly a huge amount of work but it does tie in with the gameplan so it could be worth mentioning.
How about those fully voiced quests that were done recently? I forget the name of who it was exactly..
Expanding on Deeza's message: though not strictly since September 2008, I'm not sure how publicized it's been that we now have full generic dialogue for:
  • MW-style Khajiit (IG)
  • MW-style Bosmer (Casey)
  • ST-unique takes on UC Imperial, LC Imperial, and Nord. (all IG)
In addition we're about 40% there on MW-style Dunmer (Andy)

Steve
I would like to suggest two claims finished by earendil, SCC0511 and the Assidulam cavern.
You have to go to the cavern to complete the quest.

It's about a speaking tomato (SCC0511) and reflects the way we work as a team (joint effort). IMO it's one of the nicest (medium sized) ST quests. The quest is fully voiced.

Another important event was the release of the TES4Gecko v15.
Programmed by SACarrow, he added a lot of new features related to the voice management. Further he added a number of new features as per my request and fixed a lot of bugs. The most important addition is a new merge option. It's now possible to e.g. select a merge region, everything outside that merge region won't be merged. This saves a tremendous amount of time because the cleaning process has been automated. IMO it's the best tool to manage a large esm based mod like ST. It's also very important to the modding community in general.
Re: the Gecko: Thanks sandor; if used; I'd add something like "based on the original work by ScripterRon and continued by dev_akm and TeamGecko."

Thanks,
Steve
Yes, our voice work is a given. I wish I had thought about that from the start Big Grin Steve, could you pummel me with as many facts as you can recall regarding voice work development, for the last six months or so? So I can build a news item around your facts. With the info I have right now it would be challenging.

Was the last version of TES4 Gecko released in January 2008?

Eerandil's quest sounds very interesting indeed! I'll research it to see if I can draw together a news item based on the facts in the mod and in the threads you sandor linked to.

The current list of news items I would write:
[indent][/indent]1. An update on our teaser-mod work.
[indent][/indent]2. The on-going development of the Farmland region.
[indent][/indent]3. A roundup of our voice work status
[indent][/indent]4. Eerandil's quest
[indent][/indent]5. News of Soluthis city exterior + a blurb about the road
Good to hear the voice work getting some attention. Feel free to use this video. It's the big ST video out of my collection. If, however, you wanted to cut it up and mix it with other stuff from the voice work then let me know and I'll send you the video file.....although I'm afraid all of the other little elements have been deleted after I processed everything though Windows Movie Maker.
I'll try to assemble blurbs on both VA & Gecko as starting points for your work, Razorwing. I'll post them here.

Steve
Pages: 1 2 3