Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: BWRL0104 "Blackwood: North" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yeah, I just couldn't remember the letters I had to type into the console at the time. Thanks for the reminder.
I sorted out the border region on this claim up to y co-ordinate 14. Baobab trees now feature in all of the brown cells above this line and it's getting a lot more dense.
This ain't too flash but I've completed the Northern quarter of this claim and added our first Fort Ruin. It's going to be improved later so this is just the basics. However, the FPS reduces when you reach the Baobab trees in the landscape which is a little worrying. The 'disappearing foliage' problem is also still in evidence which means that the leaves of the Baobab trees appear and disappear in a rather strange fashion. I'll need to take a look at that also because Senten's Baobabs are really nice and add a little unique touch to an otherwise quite vanilla landscape.... =)

However, Koniption has offered to look through the models for anything that affects the FPS and this may be one to look at too...especially as I was thinking of adding yet more trees to make the place even denser.

You'll also notice a mossy stone path which passes the Fort but slowly fades into the landscape as it's absorbed by the marshes. I will probably be adding an entry to Cyrodiil around here at some point....
hey there Ibsen,

I don't have speedtree nor know how to use it, so I can't help you with the FPS reduction in the baobob tree areas, unless it's caused by a regular nif model.

Koniption
Okay, I'll keep that in mind.
Okay, I'm getting close to finishing this, so here are some screenies of developments. The biggest feature is the hand-placed introduction of over 300 Baobab trees so far, making the whole thing much more dense. Then there's Hixinoag Mine with its accompanying sugar cane fields. So far everything above the Panther River is almost done here so there's some additions to that as well such as a stream and signs of habitation. Flora is still missing though (see my recent post).
This claim's work was lost as a result of my malware infection, including loads of work on the Jungle as well but I've now renewed work on it...and Hixinoag Mine has been resurrected! Hopefully, I can finish this now that KP helped out by landscaping a lot of the Western section of the claim.
A quick progress report: as stated elsewhere, Hixinoag has been claimed and completed by myself and everything within Blackwood that lies North of the Panther River has now been totally landscaped (albeit with a few bits of flora to add). There's only about 20 cells and a little sculpting around Sloughpoint to go....that's about one sixth of the claim.... =)
Awesome work IG! :goodjob:
All done now. Just need to add some more flora. Smile

By the next esm, you should be able to walk from Sloughpoint to Pholmolo through a fully landscaped terrain...just four dungeons within those two landscape claims is not much, though. I may add another.
Pages: 1 2 3