Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: NJRS0101 "Pholmolo" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official 'Black Marsh' Claim for Settlement Claim: Pholmolo

[/HR]

Pholmolo
AVAILABILITY: Completed by Ibsen's Ghost

[/HR]

[Image: 05-EntrancetoPholmolo2.jpg]
[Image: 08-AerialPholmolo.jpg]

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

Deep in the Naga-Cradle Jungle lies Pholmolo, an often forgotten enclave of Argonians which, in the past, has been a classic location for guerilla fighting against Imperial oppression and, as such, tends to attract the more xenophobic Argonians. Some of them have deep persecution complexes and like to try to make non-Argonians feel the weight of guilt for Argonian slavery in Morrowind.

Pholmolo's residents do not like Dunmer! They nonetheless enjoy hunting the Durzog in the jungle which is a practice that now gives Pholmolo it's main purpose - a hunting town. Some of this is in evidence in nearby Tenmar Wall but the best hunting is found deeper in the jungle.

Pholmolo is surrounded by rocks and really only accessible by swimming through an underwater tunnel. It features typical Argonian architecture.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]

Settlement Type: Town
Architecture: Black Marsh Huts set including Shaman huts etc.
Exterior cell coordinates: approx. -11,21 and -11,22/-12,22
Claim Size & Difficulty: Medium. Approximately 3-4 cells maximum.
Inhabitants: All breeds of Argonian.
Mission Connections: None as yet.
Amount of Loot: Medium.
General Info: Please maintain an up to date discussion thread on this claim here: Claims Threads .

[/HR]

Modding Directions

[/HR]

You'll find the location for the village of Pholmolo in the cell area BlackwoodRegionPholmolo (-11,21 and -11,22/-12,22) of the BlackMarshes worldspace. Use the latest esm here:Latest esm and esp updates and the latest bsa here: Latest bsa .

The first thing you should be looking for is how to set up an assortment of the different Argonian huts: Chieftain, Reed, Shaman and Swamplands so that there is clear evidence of the history described above. Note that you can sculpt the area and, if needs be, provide extra waterland for the boat home along with bridges if necessary. You can also add or delete trees and flora accordingly.

You will find the typical architecture in Static\blackmarsh\architecture\bmhuts.

Clutter and Flora - Please decorate with the following rocks and flora: Monstera plant, Hala trees, Green Ti Plant, Elephant Ear, Saffron Crocus, Bromeliads, Stargazer, Dragon Arum and any trees that you find in the area as part of the jungle selection. IMPORTANT NOTICE - The Jungle Region has not, at the time of writing, been generated. Therefore you will need to ask about current developments if taking this claim. The surrounding rocks and water entrance has also not been modded. Please ask if you would like to take on this task.

You will need to use a combination of the regional textures used already in the area (just hold down Ctrl and right-click on the local area whilst in the height mapping mode) which will normally include some of our own textures (look in the list of textures in the height mapping window for textures beginning with bm).

Otherwise, ask if you'd like to use other models. I'm sure you'll make sensible choices but it would be best to check that out by posting screenies or offering a suggestion in this thread.

Bear in mind the need to create interiors and AI at a later stage so there will need to be room for the NPCs to engage in appropriate activities and to use suitable path-grids. For Pholmolo's inhabitants, this probably means hunting, trade and a fair amount of Hist worship in the Shaman huts besides patrol routes.

[/HR]

Further Development

[/HR]

Once the interiors are completed (you may wish to help with this yourself) then the AI will help to give the place more character. You should then consider the settlement as a permanent claim and assist with such things as pathgrids and house decorations once the AI are included.

You should also ensure that the region surrounding the settlement is fully landscaped, equipped with trees, rocks and flora and vertex shaded. DO NOT CLAIM THE SETTLEMENT AS IS BUT TREAT YOUR CLAIM AS A STOCK SET OF CELLS for which you have responsibility over. The landscaper has the ultimate decision on which textures remain etc but to consider the settlement as a landscape feature as well as a functioning town is part of the task.

[/HR]

Lighting your settlement

[/HR]

Besides using torches where necessary, it may prove appropriate to make use of any lamps that the modelling team create as we are hoping to create more root furniture and Argonian clutter.
I reconverted the majority of textures and normal maps for the bmhuts architecture, I'm uploading the textures atm. Will post download in .bsa thread Smile

Edd
Surprise! I claimed Pholmolo and started work on it as part of my general work in preparing the Jungle Region. Entrance to Pholmolo is via a Gorge, along a wooden walkway until you reach an overhang that carries you along past a waterfall and then right through a tunnel. Follow the tunnel and it will take you to an enclosed area where you will see the town of Pholmolo.

Back where the source of the waterfall lies comes another waterfall that cascades down into the town. This water flows under a natural bridge and out the other side.

Bear in mind that I have only built the area and not added flora nor set up the stilt platform for what will eventually become a town meeting point and ritualistic worship area. I have also not added doors but there are some Naga huts for tame Naga (they might be caged).
Need some more decorating,but its still nice! :goodjob:

`Senten
Ibsen,

What texture are you using on the flat top part of the root stilt platform that is partially standing in water???

It doesn't appear to have the dark, matching "intertangled vines" texture I made, applied on it...did you not get that texture? Or did you change the texture on purpose because you wanted a different texture.

I can send the intertangled vine texture if you want me to.

Koniption
Yes, please do. I wasn't really aware of that texture change.
Looks very nice Ibsen! You even used tm on some screenshots! :p
A little more....
Damn its fantastic!
I really want to live here! Smile
Keep up the good work IG!

`Senten
I LOVE IT!
Pages: 1 2