Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Indoril Armor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I am aware that there is Indoril armor in the asset list. I am wondering if the armor has the same effect while wearing it and confronting an Indoril guard. In Morrowind wearing any piece would set them off in a frenzy and they would want to kill the player. I liked that idea and was wondering if that same thing has been applied to ST.
Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
I am aware that there is Indoril armor in the asset list. I am wondering if the armor has the same effect while wearing it and confronting an Indoril guard. In Morrowind wearing any piece would set them off in a frenzy and they would want to kill the player. I liked that idea and was wondering if that same thing has been applied to ST.

It's... underused, to say the least. I have a pet project in Soluthis which is an Indoril Embassy, which came about for no other reason than I felt like making Indoril architecture. The armor is used on one or two guards patrolling the Temple compound in Soluthis.

I agree that was a very quaint and interesting part of TES3. Big Grin
Would you by any chance be interested in modding the effect you described?
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

It's... underused, to say the least. I have a pet project in Soluthis which is an Indoril Embassy, which came about for no other reason than I felt like making Indoril architecture. The armor is used on one or two guards patrolling the Temple compound in Soluthis.

I agree that was a very quaint and interesting part of TES3. Big Grin
Would you by any chance be interested in modding the effect you described?

I was in Soluthis recently, I described it briefly within a post in the FGa section. I was thinking more guards around the temple area would be good. I remember seeing quite a few guards inside and outside of the cantons of Vivec.

Having a parallel from tes3 would be great. I would not mind making it happen I just am not sure how to begin.

Is it a script? If not how could it be implemented?
Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
I was in Soluthis recently, I described it briefly within a post in the FGa section. I was thinking more guards around the temple area would be good. I remember seeing quite a few guards inside and outside of the cantons of Vivec.

Having a parallel from tes3 would be great. I would not mind making it happen I just am not sure how to begin.

Is it a script? If not how could it be implemented?

True, I kindof postponed sorting out the guard situation until I would have the interior ready and I'm not quite there yet =) If you're interested in modding then I'll bump the remaining modelling job for the interior near the top of my to-do-list so the guards will have a home and rec area for their AI.

It would need to be a script, yup, and it would probably need a global variable so the guards won't forget their hatred when the world 'reloads'. Scripting isn't my area of expertize though, so I'm cautious to give any other input =)
I am afraid I am not familiar with scripting my self. I may take a look at the tes3 guards to see what made them tick in that instance.

I wouldn't jump to far into this as I am not sure I can do anything at all making it happen. I just thought it would be neat. As I said I will give you an update of what I find.
Okidoki Smile
Can one "put on" or "take off" factional relationships via script? I'm not a script guy either, but I could see a faction that is hated by the Indoril guard faction. Then when a player equips Indoril armor, he is placed in that faction; upon removal of the last piece of Indoril armor, he is removed from the "hated" faction.
Perhaps one could take a look at the script in cowl of the gray fox? does that not modify your infamy when worn and then return it to normal upon removal?

a script based on that could work.
Well you could have a Variable say TempVariable for this example, have a small script on the Indoril armor that when equipped sets it to 1 and when unequipped sets it to 0.

1 = Make guards angry
2 = make them Ok again Smile

Then just have a small script attached to the guards that checks the status of the Variable and mods their aggression and sets them to fight with the player.
Thanks for all the feed back!!

As I recall and experienced it was only the Indoril guards that cared about the Amor. It was sort of a great insult. After I removed the armor they still hassled me until I believe I had finished the quest regarding Vivec.

No one else gave me any trouble over wearing it.

IMO it would be great if everyone else treated the player as if they didnt care about what the player was wearing, as in tes3.

I just realized I will have to install tes3 on this machine. So let me install, peek around and see what kind of script if any they used.
Pages: 1 2 3 4