Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Plants
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Milfoil
Quote:Originally posted by DoZeNt
1. Milfoil

DoZeNt, the yarrow or milfoil plant looks nice, but it looks like the leaves or leaflets have also individually been modelled in 3D. Therefore, it looks like that model might be too high in polygons/facecount for use in Oblivion. How many triangles/faces does your milfoil plant have in the 3D program?

Leaves and other certain plant parts, in Oblivion flora, just use a texture of the real plant's leaf/parts, projected onto a flat 3D plane mesh, that has a NiStencilProperty and NiAlphaProperty attached to it in Nifskope. The texture of those parts, also needs to be saved with alpha enabled and as dds (in GIMP or other texture program, save the regular texture as RGBA8, DXT3, with mipmaps...then make and save the normal map with a black colored alpha channel, as RGBA8, DXT3, with mipmaps.

Take a look at the "morningglory" plant in Oblivion, and in NIfskope, look at its leaves - click on the leaves part in Nifskope with your mouse until they are highlighted, and you'll see what I mean. You can also open up the "NiTriStrips" of the morningglory in Nifskope and see the stencil and alpha property that are attached.

If you need help with anything like this, let me know.

Koniption
This model is a crap... Besides we had some problems with collision.. we will use the fennel mesh, but with other textures
I like it,i think it looks pretty nice.

`Senten
There are problems with collision... and the model looks like a LEGO toy
Here are some new milfoil IMGs
It looks great DoZeNt! :goodjob:

`Senten
This is done by SoK.. He is from the Russian team
On behalf of our half of the team, congratulations and many thanks to SoK :goodjob:

This will probably fit in very nicely in Darkmoor which reminds me. I'd like to explore the possibility of creating a new grass type for Darkmoor. You know how some grass textures use cattails and some just normal grass and some others?

Well, I'd like to use 'Calluna Vulgaris' for Darkmoor. In the UK, the common name for that is 'heather'. Where I live (near the North York moors in the UK - see second from last pic), there is lots of it but I'd like to use a very dark and vivid red colour that we can combine with one or two crooked trees to create a rather bleak look.

I have attached screenshots to show what I mean. The last one is 'Gorse Bush' which was another possible alternative...although the yellow might fit best in the Parchlands....
There is a large swamp near my countryhouse... I can keep an eye on some things... First of all the Moss, then plants , insects and mushrooms... or something else... Smile
Pages: 1 2