Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Two questions about the mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys, it's me Zach. I've got a couple questions about ST for you all. Firstly, is this mod compatible with Morroblivion? I ask because I have Morroblivion but would also like to definately download and possibly help mod for this project.

Secondly, how much of mainland Morrowind does this mod add? Is the entire Mainland completed now, or is there a ways to go?

Furthermore I would just like to state that I am not very skilled at modding, though I am willing to learn and practice. I would also like to state that I love to write literature, and I can offer my ability anywhere necessary, be it books or dialogue. I am also learning how to make music digitally and own a pro version of Frooty Loops, so I may be able to make music for this mod. Other than that I can see about voice acting if it is needed as well.

Thanks, and have a nice day! Smile
Welcome to the team Smile

I'm sure it's compatible with Morroblivion. The two mods shouldn't affect each other in any way.

Our mod adds a part of the northwestern mainland, opposite the shore of Hla Oad in the south and Gnaar Mok in the north, if we imagine there had been a Vvardenfell beyond the sea to the east. You can see it more clearly on Bethesda's concept map for Morrowind, where the company has marked out both Silgrad Tower and Soluthis, which are the two major cities in our mod. Soluthis is built in Redoran style and Silgrad Tower in Hlaalu style, and I believe we also have a Telvanni village planned.

Would you be interested in modding interiors? I.e. decorating and cluttering homes or shops. We have quite a bit of work available in that area Smile Please check out our intro article when you find the time to learn the basics of modding with our team.
Hmmm... I suppose I could probably decorate interiors, sure.

I'll sleep on it and let you know tomorrow.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by ZDawg
Hmmm... I suppose I could probably decorate interiors, sure.

I'll sleep on it and let you know tomorrow.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Big Grin

Great! It's even more fun - at least I think so - since you'll get to use all-new stuff compared to the main game Smile

Hope to hear from you then. Have a godd night's rest Smile
I will indeed.

I'm working on a song right now (I'm still sort of new to FL Studio, but I do have an ear for music.) Almost finished. Don't know if you really need that sort of thing, but in my opinion one of the things that helps a lot in terms of immersion is good music.

Anyways, I'll drop in tomorrow and give you the word.

Night! Smile
I will indeed.

I'm working on a song right now (I'm still sort of new to FL Studio, but I do have an ear for music.) Almost finished. Don't know if you really need that sort of thing, but in my opinion one of the things that helps a lot in terms of immersion is good music.

Anyways, I'll drop in tomorrow and give you the word.

Night! Smile

I couldn't agree more, unfortunately Oblivion is very limited in what it can do with music and we have to use a script with a placed activator in every cell to override the hardcoded music selection. It's possible to use custom music but it does require a fair amount of work placing all those activators. But if you make, say, a couple of dungeons and have your own dungeon music you'd like to use for them then I for one am all for that Smile I'd of course be happy to tweak the script for your song, it's fairly easy when it all boils down to it.
Well, I wasn't talking about scripted music... although that would be quite interesting. I simply meant I'm working on music files to put in the Oblivion/Data/Music folder to have more songs that randomly cycle through.

That doesn't require a script... right? ?(
Well, I wasn't talking about scripted music... although that would be quite interesting. I simply meant I'm working on music files to put in the Oblivion/Data/Music folder to have more songs that randomly cycle through.

That doesn't require a script... right? ?(

Ok. Smile I think our reasoning has been that we want to ensure players hear the tracks we created in the past instead of Oblivion's music, so that's why we use scripts to override the hardcoded music selection.
Riiiiiight. I'm on the same page now. Tongue

Well, in any case I'm ready to give interior design a shot. I've thought it over and decided it would be a pretty cool job to do. I guess I'll start by reading that intro you provided me with.

EDIT: Read the page fully, looked at the links provided, and viewed the attached images. So... now I guess I just download the file and wait. :lol:

EDIT....again: Seems that the downloads aren't working. The first server for the full file timed out, the second server directed me to a download of Fantasy Sports (and included many pictures of well-endowed women) and all of the smaller files have been removed. ?(
EDIT: Read the page fully, looked at the links provided, and viewed the attached images. So... now I guess I just download the file and wait. :lol:

EDIT....again: Seems that the downloads aren't working. The first server for the full file timed out, the second server directed me to a download of Fantasy Sports (and included many pictures of well-endowed women) and all of the smaller files have been removed. ?(

Did you download (or try to download) the "Silgrad Tower v2.5" release? If so please don't do that, it's very outdated and as far as modding goes it's useless. Smile

As we mention in the section "How to start modding with the team" in the intro article we suggest four sequential steps to getting started;
[indent][/indent]1. Registering on the forum :check:
[indent][/indent]2. Getting an abbreviation
[indent][/indent]3. Downloading the esm
[indent][/indent]4. Finding a claim

1.-2. Obviously you've already registered on the forum so what's left to do is getting a two-digit abbreviation, by just making a post in this thread and suggesting two alphanumerical characters you would like to use when creating new entries in the Construction Set. It's how we tell apart which modder did what.

3. Then you need to download our internal esm. The current full version is 3.22. Extract the esm file in that archive to your Oblivion\Data folder. Then download the patch file, which updates the esm file you just extracted. It's easy to update the esm, just doubleclick the executable then browse to the Silgrad_Tower.esm in Oblivion\Data and update it.

But as we also say in step three we'll send you links to BSA archives which you need to download and put in Oblivion\Data to be able to mod with us. I've sent you a PM with the download links now. Smile After that you'll have what you need to find a claim and start working with us.
Pages: 1 2 3