Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Gecko display problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I fired up Gecko just now and it looked like in the attached screenshot. I was scared shitless because I thought my graphics card was frying Big Grin So I hastily backed up my latest projects and along the way realized if the card really was frying, odds are it would have affected my windows desktop too... which it didn't.

I haven't done anything unusual recently that I can think of. I downloaded the latest version from Tes Nexus and tried again, but the display problem remained.

Do you have any idea what could have gone wrong for me, Steve?
I never saw that before and I have seen quite a few problems.

The esp opened fine on my end (screenshot).

I hope Steve has a solution for the problem.
Ain't never seen that before. Smile

Usual debugging questions: which version of Windows, which version of Java. I just found this site to help find the Java version. To see if there are error messages when firing things up, right-click on your Gecko shortcut and click Properties; I've enclosed the window I get in XP; the full command line on my system is C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe -Xmx1024m -jar TES4Gecko.jar. Then fire up a command window, cd to the Start in: directory, and paste the command line into the command line window. Then hit enter to start things up and note any error messages that appear.

We'll go from there,
Steve
sandor: I'm glad to hear that Smile Though for me the problem appeared as soon as the Gecko window popped up.

SACarrow: I did as you suggested. My previous Target information for my Gecko shortcut was C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe -Xmx1200m -jar "C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\TES4Gecko\TES4Gecko.jar". I replaced this with C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe -Xmx1024m -jar TES4Gecko.jar and tried the shortcut again, and this time Gecko started up like normal. Smile

I cd'd to my Gecko directory and entered the code, javaw.exe -Xmx1024m -jar TES4Gecko.jar, although no errors were reported but instead the Gecko window opened like normal.

Unfortunately, if I replace the Target information you suggested with my original Target code - Gecko also launches normally. I didn't test if the problem remained before I first replaced my original Target code with yours though, so it's possible the code you suggested fixed the problem I experienced yesterday.

Seeing as I can't reproduce the problem perhaps it'll have to be one of life's mysteries. Smile
I figured it out Big Grin

Gecko looks corrupted if I have the program FRAPS running when starting it. If I close FRAPS and restart Gecko it looks like normal again.