Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Another elsweyr project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Maybe you have seen this, but if you didn't know:
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....pic=945400
Yeah, I have seen it. It would be nice if we could join up the two projects, but they're probably too far along now and have different ideas about how to do it. What do you think?

Do you reckon it might be worth getting in touch with this Iliana?
What strikes me odd is that they're the person who we invited here and who made Riverhold...here..maybe they didn't like us and decided to freelance? It seems here that they started in September but came in August..
p.s. just noticed deeza posted....we already got in touch...
illiana was making riverhold for herself before she decided to come over here. additionally, i dont believe that mod interegration is possible, as this mod is in its own worldspace and illiana builds on top of cyrodiil.
Quote:Originally posted by Wizjany
What strikes me odd is that they're the person who we invited here and who made Riverhold...here..maybe they didn't like us and decided to freelance? It seems here that they started in September but came in August..
p.s. just noticed deeza posted....we already got in touch...
why is that odd? some people prefer to work alone, and I've gotta say she's made some darn impressive progress doing just that.
It still sort of irritates me to see two groups of modders working on the same thing. In most cases, both parties are not incompetent and, although some people may have slightly different ideas from the others, the overall differences just sound very, very minimal to me whenever they're mentioned. Especially when the whole act of modding a complete new WS is very time (and effort) -consuming, it just strikes me as ridiculous and vaguely insulting.

Why couldn't both parties come to an agreement? We've done so with the 'Russian Argonia' team just by granting people some creative freedom. So, and I realise this doesn't necessarily mean it's the case here, I always put it down to being a case of big egos wanting all the credit for themselves.....it's just that Iliana didn't strike me as that type of person..... ?(
Guys, its just impossible to make a cooperation with the both project.

Iliana is working on the vanilla Elsweyr,this elsweyr is in the same worldspace of Cyrodiil. And all of Iliana's models are resources.

She did a great job on this, i love her mod.

`Senten
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
It still sort of irritates me to see two groups of modders working on the same thing.

it's just that Iliana didn't strike me as that type of person..... ?(

Though that has been the case on some other mods I know of, that's got nothing to do with this. The two mods just started separately with different ideas and only found out about each other when both projects were at a late stage.

At the end of the day the two mods have very different goals (although we are using many of the same resources). She's doing north Elseweyr as an extension of Cyrodiil, we're doing the whole thing as a separate worldspace. So there's no issue of competition really.

All I was proposing was that maybe we could help each other out with things like scripts and textures and other stuff where the resources we've made could be complementary.

For example, as I understand it, we are already using her version of the city of Riverhold. Maybe both mods could be enhanced by doing some more exchanges?
Interesting. I always thought that modifying the existing Oblivion WS was very problematic. Nonetheless, liana has done an amazing job, it's true. She's obviously committed. And I thought that Riverhold was a wonderfully creative piece of work. Still, I feel that there should be more co-operation. I just hate to see people's hard work go to waste.
I really doubt egos have anything to do with this.

Since Iliana is doing her mod with nothing but modder's resources to begin with, the only thing she can really offer you that you couldn't get on your own I think is her progress on cities (and any scripts she's come up with). You guys though probably have some models of your own you could exchange (I imagine she'd appreciate some new clothing and armor meshes).
Pages: 1 2