Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Redoran Buildings Progress Thread (1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
I agree, but Redoran are not very organized and formal with their buildings... I don' think it should eb a strictly a guild-building... but it does look like a head quarters of some sort...
Well, ive been having trouble finding the time to really dig into that one building (will probably get it done over the weekend), so in the mean time I thought I would do this one to at least be productive. Its probably the rarest of the Redoran buildings, I don't even know where to find one in MW, but they were dotted around a bit in ST. Its a rather simple design, and has the lowest polycount yet for my models, but I think it feels good. It should be wonderful to texture.

EDIT: I realize the original doesn't have ridges on the back, I added them as an artistic choice. If you really don't like them they can go, but I think it could look beutiful with some texturing, and has a design link to the tail on the barracks.
it looks good... maybe like a local hetman's home... or a granary/storage building...
I wish I knew how to make textures....
I hoping when I do I can make great textures for your awesome models Big Grin
If you have (or can get Big Grin) photoshop you can help if you want. I think Razorwing and I have a rough plan for how the textures will be done. Once Im sure I have a model all finished, I will send it to him to have the UVs mapped according to my general specifications, then he will generate the image for me to take into photoshop to skin. I think I will use a blend of photo textures I find online with painting/shading and filtering techniques to customize and mold them to the model's shape. Then I will take the same base UV image I used for the skin and create the bump map from scratch using paintbrushes and filters.
Caligula Superfly: It looks nice, with or without ridges. :goodjob:

There's two of them in Ald'ruhn, one of which is just to the right of and in front of Skar, but that's the only place Bethesda used it on all of Vvardenfell. I guess that was the only Redoran town Bethesda did where they needed that much variety.

Oh, and perhaps you know this but I thought I'd mention it in case you didn't; if you right-click a model in the Construction Set and choose 'Info' in the popup-menu you'll get a window that reports where the model is used. Then if you double-click a cell name in the list you'll be whisked straight to it. It can be a handy shortcut sometimes.
Caligula Superfly:
aiya, I bet it is less complicated than it sounds... eh, photoshop... why did you have to cost money! ;(

Razorwing: hey! that's the smith's home! I remember, she had a Redoran Watchman's helm!
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Niiice! Great job on the tavern details, CS! Big Grin

I bet the Ald'ruhn Guild of Mages/Maar Gan Shrine would be the most intricate building of them all to create. But in a way it's one of the most beautiful ones - and sadly underused in my opinion. Hmm, maybe we could use it for all Redoran Guildhall buildings... what do you think Caligula?

:lol: Your pic of the Mar Gan Shrine looks a bit like one of those Chinese dogs that have all the wrinkles on my screen...cute.

I used a 'schools' version of photoshop when I studied HTML and Web-sight creation - maybe you can access it through that. Ask around...it might not be impossible...once again if you can find an agreeable way to combine school and modding stuff like that can be simple to accesss - esp with your IT tutor batting for you and doing the admin!
Razorwing: Ah, so thats how you always knew that stuff! Nifty!

Quote:I used a 'schools' version of photoshop when I studied HTML and Web-sight creation - maybe you can access it through that. Ask around...it might not be impossible...once again if you can find an agreeable way to combine school and modding stuff like that can be simple to accesss - esp with your IT tutor batting for you and doing the admin!

Thats what im doing, Silgrad Tower is officially school work for me! I got it accepted as my senior project.
Quote:Originally posted by Caligula Superfly
Thats what I'm doing, Silgrad Tower is officially school work for me! I got it accepted as my senior project.

And they say games aren't educational, tsk tsk tsk Big Grin
oh, games can be educational... if you let them be Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46