Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: NJRI0204 "PholmoloReed04" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim: Gakkus Turj’s House

[/HR]

Gakkus Turj’s House
AVAILABILITY: Completed by llamaranger

[/HR]

[Image: PholmoloClaims.jpg]
[Image: TESConstructionSet2009-05-0415-15-2.jpg]

(Please excuse the unattractive CS screenshots.)

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

Pholmolo is a renowned stronghold of Argonian culture. Since the more Imperial races settled in Tenmar Wall, there has been an expressed need on behalf of Royal Argonia to avoid acts of vengeance against any former oppressors. This is something that the Royal Court has been keen to publicize as a success and yet the natives are aware that it is also an order that has nevertheless been largely ignored by many of Pholmolo’s inhabitants. They have simply found alternative ways to harass what they still see as ‘invaders’. The people of Pholmolo are therefore both naturally defiant and very intolerant towards outsiders.

Pholmolo’s success in the past in holding out against Dunmer and Imperial threats owes mainly to its position in the jungle. The Gorge, when fortified, is impenetrable and access via the waterways is a renowned impossibility against Argonian forces. Therefore, attacks using ranged fire from above is the best possible option. Although somehow getting into the town itself and bypassing the shelter of the rocks is problematic, minimal successes were achieved although the guerilla warfare of the Argonians who would always, in time, repel them.

Pholmolo contains a society thoroughly steeped in Argonian culture and, more so than most towns near the Cyrodiil border, largely cut off from Imperial influence, a little like the mainland.

This interior claim contains the home of Gakkus Turj. Gakkus is the resident of Pholmolo who has the most reasons to be embittered and resentful towards other races as he is the last remaining member of a very large and proud family who, one by one, died during Argonia’s many conflicts. His family were at one time recognized for their services to the Royal Court and yet were disgraced for failing to follow the expressed wishes of the Court to act with impunity towards other races entering Argonia. To this day, he is protected by the folk of Pholmolo who are likely to deny his existence there in order to avoid having him arrested.

He is, however, unlike Spits-Out-Seed in that he is less aggressive. Rather, he is a rather forlorn and broken figure. Nonetheless, he will fight tooth-and-claw with any that stand in his way. Some small trinkets of his family history are likely to remain in his hut along with various tools and weapons. He is likely to spend much of his time staring into the village fire or begrudgingly helping out Jee-Deesai in the market.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]

Interior Name:2BMIGPholmoloReed04
Region: Naga-Cradle Jungle
Settlement: Pholmolo
Architecture: Reed Hut
Exterior cell coordinates: (-11,22)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Very Easy.
Inhabitants: Gakkus Turj has not been created yet.
Mission Connections: None as yet.
NPCs: 1. The NPC must have (full) dialogue and AI. Don't forget the pathgrid for them. The NPC is already named but you may change the name if necessary, so please discuss this and other details in the claims discussion thread ('General Info' below).
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums .

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

NB: Objects for this claim will be minimal. Please use smaller objects. A good idea is to use the hanging fish and maybe add some hanging meat (once this model has been created by our modeling team). The bed will probably be a bedroll or you may wish to request adapting one of the garden beds to be re-textured as a custom Argonian ‘nest-bed’ as suggested by some of Rickious’ concept art. Also, if you really need to make the area larger by re-scaling it then please ask.

Please try to use the BM objects as much as possible. And try to consider the story behind the owner of the house (which you may adapt unless stated) and add clutter as appropriate to them and the particular locations. This might include foodstuffs, flora, cutlery, paintings, tribal items, custom furniture, bedding and maybe a desk if this interior involves using the NPC as a trader.

Please remember to light the area. Argonian or Imperial lighting can be used. If you have any further suggestions, requests for models and so on then please consult this thread: Furnitures & Clutters . Just ask if you have any special ideas for extra models.

Have fun! :goodjob:
can i claim this? though i may not be able to add dialogue, as my Cs seems to crash unexpectedly when I've tried in the past.

x

edd

p.s. I thought I might also take the opportunity to remind you that, with the model revamp, the wooden stairs model is now at a different angle, so will need to be moved around a bit in places like pholmolo

EDIT: I could sort this as part of my claim if you like, plus a little extra detailing of pholmolo? soulrest is unofficially on hold until i can muster up the time/determination to do the new mansion models Tongue
It's all yours, edd! :check:

Leaving the dialogue should be fine just make sure you report it in the AI development thread under the claims section. Feel free to change the wooden stairs. I haven't touched those cells with my own esp so far so it should be fine. Bear in mind that there's one in Pholmolo Gorge as well.

You could help me sort out 'Error13' as well for me (see attached). There shouldn't be grass under the lean-to. Watch it if you change textures though. As a landscaper, I'm very conscious of how small texture changes can affect other parts of the cell so look out for any issues. If there is anything and you don't know how to fix it, just PM me. Anyway, feel free to add a little more clutter. Just remember not to overdo it because this place doesn't have its own WS that helps it to cope with FPS better.
yup I can fix that. Also, I'm not sure if IS has started his AI claims, but is it acceptable for me to do the path-gridding for Pholmolo Village?
x

edd
Please do. :yes:
ok im done, i will write up my ideas for his dialogue (there are some other things I want to discuss that may apply to all new tribal argonians) and post a dialogue claim for someone.

Will also post the .esp in the updates thread ASAP.

There are some new assets that you will need to this .esp to look right, new reedhut interior (only slightly modified/optimised) and I fixed the lichen rock collision, so it is static, therefore much easier to place.

x

edd
While we're on the subject of dialogue, there was some stuff I wrote for the tribal Argonians a while back. Ibsen had a copy of it I believe.
hmm, sounds interesting, mostly it was ideas about new words we might want to throw in, to add a sort of language barrier tension... if you've ever had two people talk about you in another language you know what I mean, it can be quite unnerving.

e.g. "invader/outlander" might be "Cuu'do-Tar", literally "Cuts-Down-Trees"...

all that is made up btw, we only have about 3 word translations in lore of argonian to imperial.

so a greeting from a tribal argonian who doesn't like you might be:

"Tread lightly Cuu'do-tar..." etc.

x

edd
Careful how much you add. I have complete voice sets for Khajiit, Nord, UC and LC Imperial from working on ST but these voice sets are a heck of a lot of work. And, as I know from past experience, Argonian is the most difficult of the lot to achieve well, not because of the low tones but due to the husky, breathy sound....makes you kind of dizzy when you're recording in bulk. Nevertheless, Eshenaleros offered to help out so he may be able to share the burden.

However, it's worth pointing out that any adjustments to the language, such as those I used for the Khajiit, really need to employed wholesale so that every instance of a particular word for which there is an Argonian variation needs to be implemented in the script. For Khajiit, this was troublesome at times because it involved personal pronouns e.g. you, I, it etc.

Anyway, here's Deeza's dialogue. I've only speed-read through it but it looks okay. I can trust Deeza to do a good job on stuff like this, anyway. =)
Any update on this, LR? The ideas we discussed above all sound like really useful ones. It would be good to have the path-gridding for the village done.

However, the AI may be best off waiting until I get the other Argonian races enabled. I stopped when nekronom told me he was working on a new Saurian texture we could use...and he then seems to have put it off, put it off and put it off again despite prompting...most irritating! X(
Pages: 1 2