Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Croc Helm Mystery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was hoping that a modeller or texturer with some experience might be able to solve a problem for me. I have a copy of Morsyth's croc-helm but, try as I might, I just can't get the texture to show up on the model in NifSkope. And when I try to transport it into the CS directly, even with NifSkope fiddling, all I see is a black shape. I've tried using all sorts of texture files other than Morsyth's original files but none of them seem to work.

So I'm posting the resource up here (with the textures in various forms) in the hope that someone will be able to solve this riddle: http://files.filefront.com/Croc+Helmet+b...einfo.html .
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I was hoping that a modeller or texturer with some experience might be able to solve a problem for me. I have a copy of Morsyth's croc-helm but, try as I might, I just can't get the texture to show up on the model in NifSkope. And when I try to transport it into the CS directly, even with NifSkope fiddling, all I see is a black shape. I've tried using all sorts of texture files other than Morsyth's original files but none of them seem to work.

So I'm posting the resource up here (with the textures in various forms) in the hope that someone will be able to solve this riddle: http://files.filefront.com/Croc+Helmet+b...einfo.html .

Ibsen,

I downloaded the helmet and looked at it real quick:

I have already fixed several issues with the texture not showing up, and it's showing up now. But I will have to rotate the helmet in nifskope to have it sit properly on the head of NPC's, maybe add some properties, and also make a havok-collisioned helmet that you can pick up from the worldspace.

I've PM'ed you the current fixes, but more still need to be made, like those mentioned above.
Excellent news! It's looking good already. :goodjob:
Here are some pics of the updated Croc Helm, and the small version of the oilplant:

http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=...ochelm.jpg

Keep in mind, full credit goes to Morsyth for the Croc Helm. I only made eyes, retextured it, and remodeled small bits here and there to lessen it clipping into NPC's bodies when it's worn. I made a havoked world model, too.

The helm is not done yet, though. I'm having some problems with a utility script of mine. I need to optimize the helm, then use "The Conformulator". It's the optimizing script part that's the issue right now, but it'll be looked into/fixed at some point.

The oilplant also needs to be optimized, so it has to wait on that as well.
...........................................................................................................................
Regarding "The Conformulator" - if anyone here or who reads this has had experience with this program, and knows how to make it so that a single helmet outputs an egm that works with all races, please PM me and tell me how it's done. I want the croc helm to work across all races somehow.

Koniption
Koniption. That looks awesome.
As mentioned in passing by PM, they're both gorgeous pieces of work!

Can anyone help Koniption with the 'Conformulator' issue? I know that sometimes the highly experienced nick_op helps out in this area when passing through but if anyone can help that would be good..... :yes:
Quote:Originally posted by Koniption
...........................................................................................................................
Regarding "The Conformulator" - if anyone here or who reads this has had experience with this program, and knows how to make it so that a single helmet outputs an egm that works with all races, please PM me and tell me how it's done. I want the croc helm to work across all races somehow.

Koniption
Never managed it myself, but there's a fairly comprehensive guide of all things conformulated here by throttlekitty.
Thanks nick_op,

I'll look over the download in the link you provided me. But I've already personally PM'd throttlekitty a week or so ago, and he/she said they never really worked on helmets, but only eyes, and hair too, I think. They figured out something I was doing wrong, though, so I should be able to successfully conformulate the helmet for at least one race. Just got to figure out how to also get the other races to work with the same helmet in-game....but I'll look over throttlekitty's tutorial, and see what I come up with.

@ B2M - Yes, it looks quite awesome :brew:

Koniption