Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Oblivion's system requirements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Good news for those out there with lower-end systems who can't afford to upgrade and so feel shut out from Oblivion... you may get a pleasant surprise when the factual specs gets released Smile

Quote:Originally posted by VXSS on Jan 21st:
Pete might beat me up for posting here, but I will say this without giving out any real info....

I have one of the oldest systems here at work. Its about 4 years old and has only had minor upgrades since then. I tested today with EVERYTHING turned on and maxed out. I didnt think it would do it, but it worked. And yes, it was higher than 1024x768 on a fairly dated card. Extremely beautiful. I do recommend something better than what I have here for "complete" enjoyment, but by knocking down some of the bells and whistles (and there are MANY options to play with), it is still a great time while being pretty.

I would love to share my actual system specs with you all to compare, but that is a no go. Hopefully, you can take my word for it with what I COULD tell you, so that you know that you dont have to get a 2nd job flipping burgers just to buy new gear. New gear helps and allows Oblivion to shine in 100% of it's visual glamour, but lower specs dont mean you cant enjoy it and have a lot of goods at the same time.

Relax, you all will still be surprised. I am still in awe that it can run as well is it does and still look insanely beautiful. Smile
Sweet thx for that post
Here are the official system requirements, posted today on elderscrolls.com:

Recommended:[blockquote]* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 1 GB System RAM
* ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card[/blockquote]Minimum System Requirements:[blockquote]
* Windows XP
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
* 8x DVD-ROM drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse[/blockquote]Supported Video Card Chipsets:[blockquote]
* ATI X1900 series
* ATI X1800 series
* ATI X1600 series
* ATI X1300 series
* ATI X850 series
* ATI x800 series
* ATI x700 series
* ATI x600 series
* ATI Radeon 9800 series
* ATI Radeon 9700 series
* ATI Radeon 9600 series
* ATI Radeon 9500 series
* ATI Radeon 9000 series
* NVIDIA Geforce 7800 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
* NVIDIA GeForce FX series
[/blockquote]
Yes!

:bananarock: :bounce: :banana: :applause:

I don't have the best, but I'm gonna be playing OB with a pretty good setting.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
About me...I think even with the lowest quality won't work.I'll give it a try.
;( ;( ;( I won't be able to Play ;( ;( ;(
Two months ago it was 5 FPS on a FX 57- SLI7800GTX System in forests.

And now you can play it at acceptable framerates with midrange systems. Bethesda did a great job in optimizing the engine! :yes:

Reccomended settings on my old PC... and full detail on the new one.
Again: THANK YOU BETHESDA!!!
small chance I can play... ugh...
I am really searching for a new PC... but my budget... hmmm
well, wish me luck... and guys, sometimes it IS better to get a new PC than to upgrade... if you need a new one
if you don't and CAN play fine, I advise just living with great graphics or rate, instead of 100% kickass ones Big Grin
I've got a Radeon X850XT Platinum 256Mb card, so I'm in the clear. As for RAM I have a gigabyte, which really isn't that much these days but I'm in the clear on that as well.

The CPU on the other hand... it says 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor. What *is* an equivalent processor to a 3 Ghz P-4? Becuase I've got an AMD Athlon64 Venice 90nm 3500+ 2.2GHz processor, and with my limited knowledge of how these things work... I hope Oblivion can take advantage of a 64-bit system otherwise my 2.2 Ghz is very close to the minimum specs. Confusedhrug: It sure cost me a pretty penny though so I don't get why my CPU wouldn't work.
They axed the shadows to increase performance. Its not even an option for PC users now. I watched the german video. Looks much worse then the E3 one. Only NPCs have shadows now like in Morrowind.
Pages: 1 2 3 4