Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: NJRL0103 "Naga-Cradle Jungle: South" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official 'Black Marsh' Landscape Claim for Naga-Cradle Jungle Region #3: South Jungle

[/HR]

Naga-Cradle Jungle: South
AVAILABILITY: Completed by Ibsen's Ghost

[/HR]

[Image: JungleGenerated02.jpg]

[Image: LandscapeClaims-JungleBWRegion-1.jpg]

NB: All the tan cells in the picture must be modded. Take note that the x co-ordinates here (the numbers along the top) are all minus values whilst the y co-ordinates (the numbers along the side) are all plus values. Therefore, -16, 21 is the cell in the North-Eastern tip of the claim and -07, 15 is the cell in the South-Western tip.

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

This area of the Black Marsh: Naga-Cradle region is the boundary between the Jungle regions and the Blackwood region. It contains one of the only towns that invaders have ever successfully conquered: Tenmar Wall. Since this time, people of other races than Argonian have frequented the place. However, the area is still a hotbed of racial violence as the Ka'Pura tribe are still holed up in Pholmolo which is on the border of this claim. Likewise, the Paatru dwelling of Glok-Chuba is close by. Both of these are quite native as the Jungle becomes denser the further you travel North and East.

Much of this claim will involve merging the landscapes of Blackwood and the Naga-Cradle besides adding extra locations and adjusting/adding landscape items

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]

Region: Naga-Cradle Jungle
Cell count: 60
Exterior cell coordinates:
SW Corner = -16,17
NW Corner = -16,21
SE Corner = -07,15
NE Corner = -07,21
Claim Size & Difficulty: Very Easy. Most features already generated.
Inhabitants: Mainly Non-Argonian races and some 'Normal' and/or 'Draconian' Argonians.
Settlements in area: Tenmar Wall - please do not affect the cells designed for these settlement without notifiying a core member of your actions.
General Info: Please maintain contact about your modding on this thread but, above all, keep posting updates by adding v1, v2, v3 etc. to the end of your files.Take note that any esps submitted must begin with BM followed by your modder initials. For me, this is BMIG (IG for Ibsen's Ghost). Then submit your final claim to this thread: Latest esm and esp updates .

[/HR]

Modding Directions

[/HR]

Download the latest bsa details here: Black Marsh Resources: Latest bsa .

Your first task is to make sure that the flora and trees are not floating above the ground or have any edges of the models showing.

You may alter the height map as you wish but please bear in mind that this may affect other cells and the positioning of flora and trees as you will need to alter these accordingly. You are welcome to delete objects and there are recommendations on what to add below but please bear in mind that doing so means that you will probably have to add or delete vertex shading and make appropriate choices for texturing using the surrounding texture palette.

Your main task, however, is to make this area denser, darker and more realistic. Please bear in mind that the original cells for this region that determined the design of the Jungle are -12 to -16, 17 and -12 to -16, 18 and -12 to -15, 19 and -13 to -15, 20. All of these cells should be already complete.

[/HR]

Modding Directions: What to add

[/HR]

Textures - It has been recommended that the underwater textures be replaced with Swamp water textures ((Just go to 'Miscellaneous - Water Type - and select Swamp water). Otherwise, please use the existing NJ textures. When near to the Blackwood Region border, please make sure that there is a smooth transition (I am currently doing this so please ask if unsure.). Otherwise, please keep to the sort of patterns that you see in the generated landscape. It's best to use non-grass textures around flora and rock objects to prevent grass peeping through objects!

Clutter and Flora - Much of the flora has already been added through region generation but you may decorate with the following rocks and flora: Stargazer Lily, Elephant Ear, Mania Bush, Great Forest Mossy Rocks (perhaps some lichen too), Saffron Crocus, Green Ti plant, LeafStripe1a Bromeliads and, to a much lesser extent Rafflesia, Dragon Arum, Monstera Plant, Sylvan Mushrooms, Maple Moss logs and Flora Flies.

You will find these under the Flora\blackmarsh folder or the Static\Flora\blackmarsh folder (in the case of the Bromeliads, for example). You will also find the mossy maple logs under Static\landscape.

It is only recommended to add some Rafflesia (one every 3-4 cells), some monstera plants (one every 2-3 cells) and some flora flies near the water. That's all you should need to do other than populate blank cells.

NB: Regarding the Rafflesia, see this post: NJRL0103 "Naga-Cradle Jungle: South" (Claimed) .

Trees - The main part of this claim is to select a greater variety of mania trees and other tree varieties so as to make the jungle dense and interesting. Some areas are already dense. Feel free to delete trees but bear in mind the need to keep the jungle dense.

At present, there are far too many of the maniatree08 trees so feel free to use any of the mania trees. Also add a few more bmjungletree varieties other than #3 (one every 2-3 cells should be enough), Hala trees (again, very sparsely - one every 3-4 cells should be enough), palm trees (especially near water), many more willow trees in the Northern parts of the region and, above all, more BMJungleVineRoot models as these contribute the dense, twisting jungle effect.

You can use Ctrl-D when you find one of these models to duplicate them and then to drag them out and position them where you see fit. Don't forget to vertex shade the bases when you do this though.

You may wish to choose a weather type or use activators such as fog. Please notify a core member if planning to do so.

Otherwise, ask if you'd like to use any other models or textures. I'm sure you'll make sensible choices but it would be best to check that out by posting screenshots or offering a suggestion in this thread.

[/HR]

Settlements and Dungeons

[/HR]

The best part of landscape claims that I enjoy the most are modding the dungeons. For this, you may use the mossy ruin exteriors (see blackmarsh-architecture-ruins) or the dead rootworms.

About 1-3 dungeon exteriors is normal for a claim of this size (and 'Mokumalata is already complete). As this claim is close to Tamriel, please also feel free to use vanilla forts or caves.

All such dungeons can be decorated with appropriate clutter or you can leave this to the dungeon modder themselves. Please note that it should be your responsibility to post up dungeon claims once the landscape claim has been submitted. Please see the core about acquiring a claims template (that which is normally written in these threads) when you wish to do so.

[/HR]

Important Notice and Technical Information

[/HR]

Please notify on this thread the rough proportions of the extra models that you add so that it is easier for the next person who takes a landscape claim to work with you and maintain a degree of uniformity to the landscape. For example, tell us roughly how many of Koniption's striped bromeliads you are using per cell.

For extra help, please take a look at sandor's excellent claims descriptions on the ST site here: SHRAC05 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Claimed] , particularly in the 'Technical Info' section.

Above all, make if fun for the player and have fun with the claim yourself! Wink
I'd like to add some decorating suggestions for the Rafflesia flower, for those not familiar with it:

Rafflesia flowers use a host vine plant, that they grow out of after they become a parasite of it. Rafflesias grow out of vines hanging from trees, on the ground under and near trees (some host vines run underground), or maybe even out of tree trunks (like out of the more tropical looking trees; but I'm not completley sure about this last suggestion, though it seems possible).

Here are some pics with some of what I mentioned:
http://outskirtoutreach.org/rafflesia-fl...-malaysia/

Koniption
Thanks Koniption. I added your notice to the claim details. :check:
By the way, I have claimed this and I only have about 15 cells left to complete. I might add a dungeon exterior.
Done! I completed the claim except for creature pathing. This covers the area to the South of Pholmolo (including Pholmolo Gorge) and the borderlands between the Jungle and Blackwood. Some of the latter screenshots posted up show this borderland region with some Baobab trees in evidence (which will appear throughout the Blackwood region once those landscape claims are done).

You will also notice that there is a cave exterior for 'Frograt Barrow', a place that acquired its name from the Dunmer name for Paatru (frog rats) and is now used as a 'disposal unit' for passing elves of any description. Note the Argonian stone motif to both sides of the entrance and the hanging corpses from the roots....there is no door as yet.
Looking good!

Did you use any bromeliads at all in this claim? The pics don't seem to show any.

Koniption
Yes, they're there....I used the Green Stripe variety. They're just rather small....plus the region generation left me with few options for automatically placing them so they are in fewer numbers than I'd hoped....and it's a real pain in the ass to hand-place them all for the cells. I'd be there for days upon days. However, I think I'll be using the zebra stripe extensively for the underwater parts of the Everglades.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Yes, they're there....I used the Green Stripe variety. They're just rather small....plus the region generation left me with few options for automatically placing them so they are in fewer numbers than I'd hoped....and it's a real pain in the ass to hand-place them all for the cells. I'd be there for days upon days. However, I think I'll be using the zebra stripe extensively for the underwater parts of the Everglades.

Ah, I see.

I can see all sorts of ways to use those broms. You can even place them in the nooks and crannies of trees (anyplace that can hold minimal amounts of soil), to further decorate the landscape. But I see what you're saying about having to hand place them all....

Koniption
Thanks for the ideas. The thought of putting bromeliads and Rafflesia onto the Jungle vines is a really nice one. That should be really effective and unique!
Wow looks stunning IG!
Pages: 1 2