Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: NJRL0101 "Naga-Cradle Jungle: North-West (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official 'Black Marsh' Landscape Claim for Naga-Cradle Jungle Region #1: North-West

[/HR]

Naga-Cradle Jungle: North-West
AVAILABILITY: Completed by Ibsen's Ghost

[/HR]

[Image: JungleClaims.jpg]

[Image: JungleGenerated06.jpg]

NB: All the tan cells in the picture must be modded plus any other cells that have been added in order to create the mountain region that borders with Morrowind. Take note that the x co-ordinates here (the numbers along the top) are all minus values whilst the y co-ordinates (the numbers along the side) are all plus values. Therefore, -15, 29 is the cell in the North-Western tip of the claim and -07, 22 is the cell in the South-Eastern tip.

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

This area of the Black Marsh: Naga-Cradle region is the sole property of the Argonians and the Hist. It contains a very traditional Argonian village: Pholmolo that contains a lake which is fed by both mountain water and the reservoir above. A river wends its way through this claim in some of the deepest jungles of the Black Marshes in our beta regions.

The mountainous region to the North is impassable except by means of secret tunnels to the lands of Morrowind. A number of very dangerous dungeons, populated with fierce creatures, will abound in this area. Some parts of which may also contain Hist-shrines and evidence of the existence of the fabled Sarpa.

This claim is, for the most part, very dense jungle and should contain a lot of trees and flora, including the Rafflesia and Flora Fly. So objects will need to be added whilst most mania trees will need to be replaced so that there is a greater variety on display.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]

Region: Naga-Cradle Jungle
Cell count: 78
Exterior cell coordinates:
SW Corner = -16,23
NW Corner = -15,29
SE Corner = -07,22
NE Corner = -07,29
Claim Size & Difficulty: Medium-Large. Mountain Region to merge.
Inhabitants: Mainly Argonians with some Naga and possibly Sarpa.
Settlements in area: Pholmolo - please do not affect the cells designed for these settlement without notifiying a core member of your actions.
General Info: Please maintain contact about your modding on this thread but, above all, keep posting updates by adding v1, v2, v3 etc. to the end of your files.Take note that any esps submitted must begin with BM followed by your modder initials. For me, this is BMIG (IG for Ibsen's Ghost). Then submit your final claim to this thread: Latest esm and esp updates .

[/HR]

Modding Directions

[/HR]

Download the latest bsa details here: Black Marsh Resources: Latest bsa .

Your first task is to make sure that the flora and trees are not floating above the ground or have any edges of the models showing.

You may alter the height map as you wish but please bear in mind that this may affect other cells and the positioning of flora and trees as you will need to alter these accordingly. You are welcome to delete objects and there are recommendations on what to add below but please bear in mind that doing so means that you will probably have to add or delete vertex shading and make appropriate choices for texturing using the surrounding texture palette.

Your main task, however, is to make this area denser, darker and more realistic. Please bear in mind that the original cells for this region that determined the design of the Jungle are -12 to -16, 17 and -12 to -16, 18 and -12 to -15, 19 and -13 to -15, 20. All of these cells should be already complete.

[/HR]

Modding Directions: What to add

[/HR]

Textures - It has been recommended that the underwater textures be replaced with Swamp water textures ((Just go to 'Miscellaneous - Water Type - and select Swamp water). Otherwise, please use the existing NJ textures. When near to the borders with other claims, please make sure that there is a smooth transition. Otherwise, please keep to the sort of patterns that you see in the generated landscape. It's best to use non-grass textures around flora and rock objects to prevent grass peeping through objects!

Clutter and Flora - Much of the flora has already been added through region generation but you may decorate with the following rocks and flora: Stargazer Lily, Elephant Ear, Mania Bush, Great Forest Mossy Rocks (perhaps some lichen too), Saffron Crocus, Green Ti plant, LeafStripe1a Bromeliads and, to a much lesser extent Rafflesia, Dragon Arum, Monstera Plant, Sylvan Mushrooms, Maple Moss logs and Flora Flies.

You will find these under the Flora\blackmarsh folder or the Static\Flora\blackmarsh folder (in the case of the Bromeliads, for example). You will also find the mossy maple logs under Static\landscape.

It is only recommended to add some Rafflesia (one every 3-4 cells), some monstera plants (one every 2-3 cells) and some flora flies near the water. That's all you should need to do other than populate blank cells.

NB: Regarding the Rafflesia, see this post: NJRL0103 "Naga-Cradle Jungle: South" (Claimed) .

Trees - The main part of this claim is to select a greater variety of mania trees and other tree varieties so as to make the jungle dense and interesting. Some areas are already dense. Feel free to delete trees but bear in mind the need to keep the jungle dense.

At present, there are far too many of the maniatree08 trees so feel free to use any of the mania trees. Also add a few more bmjungletree varieties other than #3 (one every 2-3 cells should be enough), Hala trees (again, very sparsely - one every 3-4 cells should be enough), palm trees (especially near water), many more willow trees in the Northern parts of the region and, above all, more BMJungleVineRoot models as these contribute the dense, twisting jungle effect.

You can use Ctrl-D when you find one of these models to duplicate them and then to drag them out and position them where you see fit. Don't forget to vertex shade the bases when you do this though.

You may wish to choose a weather type or use activators such as fog. Please notify a core member if planning to do so.

Otherwise, ask if you'd like to use any other models or textures. I'm sure you'll make sensible choices but it would be best to check that out by posting screenshots or offering a suggestion in this thread.

[/HR]

Settlements and Dungeons

[/HR]

The best part of landscape claims that I enjoy the most are modding the dungeons. For this, you may use the mossy ruin exteriors (see blackmarsh-architecture-ruins) or the dead rootworms. However, there is a wide selection of possible dungeons on offer including SI ruins and caves. Please ask regarding anything specific.

About 3 dungeon exteriors is normal for a claim of this size. As this claim is close enough to Tamriel, please also feel free to use vanilla forts or caves. It is recommended that you set up a very small Naga camp around the entrance to one of your dungeons. It is also recommended that the mountain valley to the North with water running into it is used as a mountain entrance to Morrowind and hence may feature a small Dunmer camp using Dave_91's Ashlander huts.

All such dungeons can be decorated with appropriate clutter or you can leave this to the dungeon modder themselves. Please note that it should be your responsibility to post up dungeon claims once the landscape claim has been submitted. Please see the core about acquiring a claims template (that which is normally written in these threads) when you wish to do so.

[/HR]

Important Notice and Technical Information

[/HR]

If you decide to add a lot of one particular model, please notify on this thread the rough proportions of the extra models that you add so that it is easier for the next person who takes a landscape claim to work with you and maintain a degree of uniformity to the landscape. For example, tell us roughly how many of Koniption's striped bromeliads you are using per cell.

For extra help, please take a look at sandor's excellent claims descriptions on the ST site here: SHRAC05 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Claimed] , particularly in the 'Technical Info' section.

Above all, make if fun for the player and have fun with the claim yourself! Wink
I edited this post with extra information on the camp set-ups of the Settlements and Dungeons. I may return to claim this if I can find the time.
Last landscaping claim of the beta regions...and it's mine. :check:
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Last landscaping claim of the beta regions...and it's mine. :check:

This makes me smile.
Got about a quarter of the way through....looking forward to clearing up these claims as it will leave me open to more creative stuff.... =)
Almost up to the area I outlined for the Naga camp....and this time they ain't friendly... =)
Whoot-age for nasty nagas! Makes Blackmarsh life all the more interesting.

Koniption
I added some Nagas but the interiors of the Naga huts are pretty basic as I just duplicated them from Pholmolo. They'll need some tweaking. The Naga camp surrounds a waterfall area which provides passage into a very high canyon...I'm thinking that maybe this should be the access to the shrine up in the mountains as opposed to the entrance that lies at the shrine's base. The other entrance can be used as a back entrance for the Stormhold prisons.

I'm about ten cells from finishing this one anyway and it's only a bit of tweaking of the mountains. Screenies will be posted. :check:
I have just finished all of the landscaping claims for the beta regions!!!! Big Grin

Now for some much-needed error fixing and fun, creative modding.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I have just finished all of the landscaping claims for the beta regions!!!! Big Grin

Now for some much-needed error fixing and fun, creative modding.

:]

Koniption
Pages: 1 2