Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Llama#s Weird and Wonderful Creatures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thought I'd start a thread for this Smile pictures as attachments.

Marsh/Reed lizard

would prefer for it to have a more original name, based on the dog skeleton, quite heavily...

Sea turtle

Based on baliwog swimming animations, need to edit the skeleton to be lower (currently it glides above the surface of the land) and remove tail, but I got it ingame as is so I'm happy. I thought of a creepy variation on this theme, same idea but with a massive spore sac type thing on its back instead of a shell for the inner marshes/dungeons.
And a much paler and sickly looking texture.

Paatru

I've never made a race before so I was kinda going blind setting it up for the test. which is why it has spikes that don't fit its head. The tail was causing problems so I removed it, and the torso has some wrongly weighted vertices that I need to fix. And there is a seam in the head that I need to take another look at.

More to come, enjoy the piccy's

x

edd
Nice!

They're all a little chubby though but I kind of like that. Big Grin

Weird is the correct word. That lizard would freak me out if it came out of the water at me.....it'll take quite a bit of work to make him more lizard-like though. The sea turtle has a LOT of potential. Is that Koniption's texture? It looks great on him....he's, um, eaten too much plankton though. Big Grin

I think the Paatru will be really tricky to do. You might be best off using the Grummite mesh and having them as tame-ish creatures that are only able (or willing) to talk to some Argonians.
the shell is koniptons, the rest of the texture is mine.

I think I will probably take your advice on the paatru, though if grummites can't sleep etc. then I think we'll definitely have to go the race route. He looks chuby cause I gave him a pot belly Tongue

I'll try and streamline the turtle tomorrow, and also add some extra bits to the lizard mesh to improve lizardy-ness.

I'm also going to model the fungus creature conept from lutmoth, using the mudcrab animations (see attachment)

edd
Quote:Originally posted by llamaranger
Sea turtle

Based on baliwog swimming animations, need to edit the skeleton to be lower (currently it glides above the surface of the land)...
You probably just need to lower the Bip01 bone slightly to ground the turtle - shouldn't be too tricky.
Quote:Originally posted by llamaranger
I'm also going to model the fungus creature conept from lutmoth, using the mudcrab animations (see attachment)

edd

Oh man! That is one ****ed up little critter! Big Grin
I tell you what, I go away for a couple hours, and come back to see this new thread of creatures...and a turtle, too!

They all look very promising. Thanks for making the critters! The fungus creature does look weird, and makes me wonder how it would attack the player..? Jumping at the player? Shooting cloud of poisonous spores at player?

Koniption
I would add flippers or claws to the stubs of the turtle. The other creature looks great. Would it be possible to see the Diffuse and specular map for it, I might have an idea for it.
Wow! The creatures are wonderful!

P.S can you make a Pike or a carassius mesh?
btw! That fungus creature concept looks great! Cant wait to see it modeled!
thanks all;

@ Ibsen: I'm currently re-animating the marsh lizard to make it move in a more lizardy way, I'm going to mess with the texture a bit too, but thats fairly straightforward.

I'm not re-doing all the animations, just the idle ones (definite) and some very basic changes to the swimming ones. Plus its good to look at how beth did things, teaches me a lot Smile

@ shadowgame: do you mean texture and normal map? And if so, but I should warn you my texturing techniques can be rather haphazard, to say the least Tongue

@ dozenet: pikes should be very simple compared to the other stuff, so I hope you'll understand if I leave that model till later/when I'm tired of the others Wink

x

Edd,
my last exam was today, so its good to be able to focus on this stuff without feeling guilty Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3