Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Factions: player-owned forts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
so, we all know that all of us liek to have our own "forts"...
I believe these factions merit a "fort" capability...
NOTE: a "fort" is not literally a fort all the time, it could be a village you lead, or a tribe, or your own mansion, whatever... we will use "fort" as the term in this thread...
*some faction I am not sure whether they shoukld have a "fort" option... debate!
*we haven't decided on all factions' "forts" ....debate!

House Redoran- (?)
description:
objective: to further settle the Gash region and extract the natural resources to fuel the Redoran economy. The Redoran hope to intensify colonization efforts so as to be able to compete with other Houses.
House Dres-
description:
objective:
description: The Council is also considering making a small village-hold at the Shurdan-Raplay Pass. It is at the request of a descendant of Nothryon who is a promising hetman but lacks the monetary strength to found a settlement. The Council awaits a Hlaalu who will step forward to form a partnership with Nothryon to found the propsed settlement.
objective: a west Ascadian market for crops, trading post between western Hlaalu holdings and the eastern Hlaalu holings and also Pelagiad. It serves as a stop for merchants too.
House Indoril-
description:
objective:
description:
objective:
description: The Council is considering making a legal holding on the Azura Coast. The mushroom tower will be situated in Shashpilamat, the Daedric Shrine. The Telvanni Council pressures Duke Vedam Dren to give them official ownership of the region instead of rights of influence. This propsed stronghold will be able to watch the road going down to Odirnarin and makes the area safer for travelers... Telvanni travelers at least.
objective: to serve as an outpost, a resing stop for Telvanni wizards and barracks for Telvanni warriors and hirelings. It helps to extend Telvanni influence to the southeastern mushroom forests.

Ashlander
description:
objective:
description:
objective:
description:
objective:
--Vampire Clans- think you should get your own tomb... suggestions?
--I think the East Empire Company and Census & Excise should be similar... either you get an estate, and office, or maybe a private mercantile vessel... ideas anyone?
--I think that Ordinators and Buoyant Armigers, as their mission is 'holy' shouldn't be given private "forts" and luxuries... many of the guilds also simply offer more services and when you are the head you inherit an office, or certain priviledges....
too...much...too...add...brain...overloading

i'll add my suggestions later, but one thing i definetly wanted to get in here and now is that i think that recieving an office with the cencise adn excise (or whatever we decide warrents it) is a great idea
on Ashlanders:
I was thinking... maybe instead of supplanting an existing Ashkhan... you evetually get to assemble your own small tribe, become a wise-woman/ashkhan and you get to have one of those 5-yurt tent structures... and it is nomadic too!
so you can travel with the companions, (1-2 carrying the rolled up sticks and hides), or tell them to unpack and camp out somewhere!
and if you chose the path of the wise woman but then deviated and became a mabrigash... you get all mabrigash buddies... yes they are all chicks... warrior-witches... but you have to be a woman to be a wise-woman or mabirgash anyhow Big Grin

as for Betmer... I would think that you might get some sort of cave... and it could be your big secret hideout with your betmer guerilla buddies... sign says: No Men or Mer allowed!
I think Nords... you should get a small hill-fort somewhere... tricky thing is... where? I would think that it should be on a hill near the coast... you have longboats drawn up onto the shore... and a feasting hall...

Indoril and Dres don't want to spent resources to colonize Vvardenfell, but they do want to twart the Telvanni and Hlaalu and stop them from getting too powerful and bullying their buddy Redorans... cause the Redorans are usually hit the hardest in the wars vs. outlanders... except sometimes the Dres take the brunt when Argoniasn attack from the south... so their forts will be more like fortified estates.... so that you can exercise influence over the surrounding land... but not actually an occupation

As for the Sixth House... I was think maybe the ruins of a Dunmer fort, partially underground, and with lots of tunnels undergroudn with shrines and stuff... and ironically near a town or village, yet wel hidden, like in a ravine... or something like that!
I hope to see Strongholds alot more interactive now. I mean actuall day-to-day chores.
yea...
like guards will patrol ramparts, peons might actually look like they are farming... secrataries will be writing papers in their office ajoining yours.... or the Sixth House creatures will periodically drop what they are doing and go bow to the shrine.... or whatever! Big Grin
Don't you think that in House Dagoth it would require from you to be higher rank than in other Houses to have your Stronghold?
They're secretive and they cannot build strongholds as much as other Houses.
Wow, I love the idea of more interactive forts, and some of your descriptions and ideas are very creative. Like Tel Orsimer; the only thing that could make a Telvanni Stronghold better is to be in a Daedric shrine. Big Grin I also love the idea of forming your own mini-tribe when you rise high enough in an Ashlander clan; not only would it be cool to have your own nomadic group of followers, but the choices Radiant AI presents are astounding.

Oh, on a side-note, happy birthday. :bananarock:
thank you :yes:
You're very welcome.
i think that only the great houses and the Ashalnders should give you a "fort" (by that i mean like a vilage)... but hte smaler faction, eg. vamps, would probely let you have your own house/base somewhere. my reasoning behind this is that if each major faction gives you a large town, and you cna join these factions at your liking (minus great houses), you will soon have half of vvardenfell belonging to you. Also, if you plan the folow OB's example, the player will be able to buy houses in major cities, so thats yet more stuff for the player.

also, im not quite shure about he whole dagoth strong hold thing. seeing how the 6th house is supose to have been eliminated, i dought that they would proclaim that htye are still alive and well by building a stronghold. i would think that they would perhaps want you to recapture one of their old strongholds (eg. Inubi)...

my 2 cents.
Pages: 1 2 3 4