Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Uhh... greetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello all,
I figured I'de introduce myself after watching from the shadows for too long.

I don't know alot about what's going here on besides that this mod deserves to be completed and isn't getting anywhere. My hope is to help with that, I have alot of digital skills to share but no artistic talent to speak of, which is why I'm speaking out.

The biggest thing I can offer you guys is space, alot of it. http://tastypie.kicks-ass.net/ This site isn't much but it can do ALOT of things, including FTP, forums, PHP and a bunch of other possibly useful stuff.

Next up: I have a very powerful PC and can get alot of "hard labor" done quickly. I'll list the specs if you'de like me to.

Last but not least: I can model, it's not very good, but that's simply because I have nothing I really want to make.(As I've stated my artistic vision is very limited) I have plenty of free time on my hands to model...

About me? I'm shy, posting this was hard enough for me in the first place.

Thanks for reading.
Welcome! As you can see, thing's aren't going as planned... the project seems to be undead -.-

Anyway, all help is welcome! I was going to build a site myself but I think I've found something good for you: forum mod.
If we create a new forum that is...

If not, you say that you have a powerful PC and can model. If we could somehow... enlighten your artistic visions, that would be great. Do you think that, If we deliver you concepts (and maybe even a basemesh) you would be able to create some good models?
You have plenty of free time, maybe you can learn a bit?

What program do you use?
I mostly use Blender, Shiver, I could probably learn 3DS Max with a tutorial(I've tried it before, and failed miserably). As far as artistic vision goes, Concept art is about all I need, I can't make something new, but I can recreate it easily.

I don't feel like commenting on anything about a new forum, but thank you very much for the offer of mod. I guess since I've got time I'll give you my PC specs

451GB Hard Disk Space (about 250 available)
2.4Ghz 2core 64bit Processor
2gigs of DDR2 ram
Radeon HD 4870 (1gig model, GDDR5)

It's abit much really, I don't even have the proper power supply for the video card.
Now I'm not excellent, or profesional at modeling or anything. I can just do it. Some models might end up over done or under done. But from the sounds of it, you guys might be able to spot that so I can get it fixed.

EDIT: Oops! forgot to list my OS.
I have something better for you: Softimage/XSI modtool (they used this, not the mod tool, for COD4,HL2 and Crysis)
http://www.softimage.com/downloads/XSI_M...fault.aspx
And here's a tutorial:
http://www.noesisinteractive.com/xnabot/
Also consider Google Sketchup for weapons and architecture:
http://sketchup.google.com/download/
(Base can't convert, but I have to pro version so just send 'em to me.)

And I'm gonna kick of my application process with you... I'll bb in a few hours, then I'll post an app (no worries, mate =) )
Quote:And I'm gonna kick of my application process with you... I'll bb in a few hours, then I'll post an app (no worries, mate =) )

YAAAAY I'm a guinea pig! I'll be in bed by the time "a couple hours" comes around, though, as I live in the Central American timezone(Texas) and that could be anywhere from 1-5AM.

Thanks for the suggestions, I never knew they used such software on those amazing games, I'll most likely end up switching.

Tommorow, I shall be here about 6PM GMT.

EDIT: Oops again, messed up the time. Fix'd now.
Greetings Starr. It's always a pleasure to see new face willing to push their skills further and help in modding. Smile

Shiver-Tail, I never realised they released a free modelling program, great! Smile
Welcome Starr:

I'm glad you found the courage to post. This is a good group of people. I'm good at brainstorming and keeping forums going. I am unable to model/texture because my brain just does not work properly.

I am really glad to have Shiver-Tail and others on board.

Cathy/Ysne
Okay, Starr, here's your app.
Fill it in, and we'll discuss it... (it's just a formality, consider yourself in.)

required:
Name?

Age?

Country/Time zone?

What Oblivion configuration do you have (expansions,etc.)?

Computer power (low, medium, strong, killer)?

Modding Experience?

Work sample?

Extra details:
PC configuartion?

Type of person?

What sort of leadership do you like?

What's your favorite feature in Oblivion?

What would you really like to see in this mod?

How long have you been modding?

What mods have you worked one?
Quote:required:
Name?
Corey -Preffered alias: Starr
Age?
Country/Time zone?
USA - CT(gmt -6)
What Oblivion configuration do you have (expansions,etc.)?
Vanilla, Shivering Isles, Orrery, Frostcrag, Vile Lair, Mehrunes, BattleHorn, Knights, Cute Elf, Ren's Beauty pack, Kvatch Rebuilt, Akaviri imports, Bab bodies. Every Thing else I have is just retextures
Computer power (low, medium, strong, killer)?
Some where between string and killer, it's not the greatest but it can compete.
Modding Experience?
LOW, I'm used to the idea and I love modding but I've not had an original idea in my body. So I'm not really able to submit an impressive work sample.
Work sample?

Extra details:
PC configuartion?
...Elaborate, there's TONS of configuration types for a PC
Type of person?
FOLLOWER, big time. I can only lead if I have the motivation.
What sort of leadership do you like?
Anything besides an Iron fist.
What's your favorite feature in Oblivion?
The sneaking abilities. Games shouldn't be so violent all the time.
What would you really like to see in this mod?
It's completion. The mysterious and wonderful world of akavir should be thouroghly explored by the community of the Elder Scrolls so if Bethesda ever visits Akavir, they have a good idea of what to make.
How long have you been modding?
4 years, across Gmod, Second Life, Guild Wars, and plenty of other games i don't care to mention.
What mods have you worked on?
Never worked on a major project, My strength really falls under scripting. and there's not alot you can do with just scripting.

Formality makes me look like an uneducated asshole, I can do ALOT of different things. I've just got nothing to compare it to, and I'm not one to boast simply because I can do it.
You look like a good person to me since you were shy but had the courage to stand up...
As a trial (since your have no sample) I'd like to see if you can create this:
[Image: khopesh-2.jpg]

It's an Egyptian Khopesh, the sword the Tsaesci are going to wield...
Impress me =)
Pages: 1 2 3