Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Can you roleplay the Goddess Mara?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am putting together a 'book' based upon a description of race relations given in an article by Marilyn "Mara" Wasserman, the Bethesda beta tester, who was the author of King Edward and all the Barenziah books for TES II: Daggerfall. It is currently called: Mara's View.

Mara's View url: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=720

She wants to have her fave scholar as the author, and I thought it might be interesting to have him do a commentary on the views of Mara, the Goddess. As 'Mara' is the Dev's online moniker it seemed natural... And then Razorwing had this bright idea (which he denies - time for more detective work, even though he is always correct, except in his dismissive opinions of his own work!) to have yet another commentator = multiple schitzophrenia for me. Big Grin

At this point I have made a start on the work, but I am not entirely sure that I have the feel to truly represent the thoughts of a 'Mother' Goddess.' Well actually I am damn sure I do not. It's the beard, it keeps getting in the way!

So I was hoping that there is a lady out there in our community who would lend a helping hand? Do you perhaps have the wit and caringness to have a bash? Age no object, it is not about whether you are a mother, more whether you can think yourself into the role and then write as you will... the feel is all important.

Check the Mara's View thread and if you have a couple of hours to spare give it a try. Either tabula rasa, just create a post, or pm me with your thoughts or offerings.

I am always happy to collaborate, so do not feel shy...

ps: for the purposes of political correctness this offer is open to the gentlemen too, natch Smile
i already do somthing for you... but i dont know what must i think of another oppinion or somthing (i'm a boy) Big Grin but you already knew that
dl - Your input is valued - esp for your sense of humour! If you have ideas, just post them. ?( If I can understand them and they fit, they will be used... :eek: Did I really say that?
i ment i do not know what i must do for u

do i have to make up another commetator... i coud expend the ork in the maras view tread? or i can think of a REAL person.....nah Big Grin
This can be as simple or as complicated as we want. If you add a post with a copy of the workings to date, and do whatever you want to it, I will bong back and forth trying to integrate or discard whatever comes up whenever I have time. - ty

PS just do it for fun - I have not actually decided that the thing must go any particular way and so you could try a totally different approach from the basic article given us by 'mara.' Just post it as a repy in the Mara's View thread. k?

Here is the url: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=720