Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Corvette bugfix (knock on wood)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sandor reported to me that the game freezes due to the corvette models. I inquired about it on Niftools' Forum and Saiden said his game did not freeze up when he tested them, but he also said that he didn't test them vwd-enabled.

He did find corrupted triangles in many of the corvette models though, which I have to assume were there from the start since I've never encountered that problem myself. I had noticed strange problems myself, whereby NifSkope crashes while doing certain operations on Mr Siika's corvette nifs, something I've never experienced before either. But I didn't associate it with these corrupted triangles until Saiden reported it.

I wasn't able to export his models normally the last time I edited them. This time I first condensed the number of materials, which I figured took up needlessly much video memory, and exported them separately. It worked well and I didn't notice any strange behaviour in NifSkope, so by my estimate these mysteriously corrupted triangles Saiden mentioned were cured when I re-exported the nifs.

I chose to focus on corvette01armedfolded.nif since it had the vwd model, and created a custom distant-view model for it. Given the exotic problems associated with these nifs my opinion is that the other corvette variations should be deleted in favor of using the 'armedfolded' variety, assuming this version of it doesn't screw up the game.

Please download the new nifs -here-

I hope it works out this time Smile
Thanks, I'll test it asap. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I chose to focus on corvette01armedfolded.nif since it had the vwd model, and created a custom distant-view model for it. Given the exotic problems associated with these nifs my opinion is that the other corvette variations should be deleted in favor of using the 'armedfolded' variety, assuming this version of it doesn't screw up the game.

The game runs fine and I agree, please delete the other corvette models.
Thanks for fixing the problem. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

The game runs fine and I agree, please delete the other corvette models.
Thanks for fixing the problem. Smile

Awesome, I'm so glad it worked! :bananarock:

I'll be sure to remove the other corvette exterior nifs from the next full BSA.