Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Doc's Bug Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The good news first:

Fixed glitches:

-Ardhil, Boldur, Captain Alusan, Chief Arannir, Olurion, Sammanul, The Towncrier and Volus are now essential and thus protected from being killed during the Mainquest line.
-The Jounral entry concerning the position of the ship has been fixed.
-The rope ladder on the outside of "The Dragoneye" is now teleporting the player on the deck of the vessel.
-The note from the towncrier has been fixed.
-Sammanul should now appear next to you on "The Dragoneye", not beneath the floor.
-Rugg is not longer "ignoring" you once he's dead.
-The door next to Rugg is now appropriatly named.
-The collision boxes around the sinking Dragoneye have been completely redone. They should work better now.
-The spiders upon the Isles will now drop randomly spidermeat, spiderteeth and spidervermin.
-The floating boards near the crashing side have been fixed.
-The other survivors will not longer swim randomly around in the water, they will stay in a certain radius of their location.
-The cave entrance on the small island is no longer floating.
-A Journal entry concerning the Quest "A new World" has been fixed.
-The room for rent has been named "A Cosy Room".
-Everything in the inn now belongs to "Gvarni", an NPC standing behind the counter. It has also been flagged "Public Area" and "Can't Wait" for logical reasons.
-The Dead Bosmer in the Cave of Bones is no longer "standing".
-Even though sharks do have scales, they are now dropping sharkmeat.
-The attacking sharks should now be way harder to kill.
-The coral riff on the way to the heart coral has been fixed.
Now, there are some issues on which I will need additional information on:
-In the sinking ship, in the room you start in. if you leave that room and turn right, it is possible to get stuck. This could be prevented by adding a crate or barrel to block the way.

Where exactly? You HAVE to turn right in order to leave the room. A screenshot or a closer description could help.

-When you first get to the middle island, there is a yellow fruit floating in mid-air.

Where exactly? A screenshot or a closer description could help.

-If the player does the quest where he/she needs to talk to the shaman, during the night. The shaman won’t show the player where to go. I waited until about 10 am and everything worked fine.

I have found absolutely nothing that would explain her behaviour. Her AI packages are layed out the way they're supposed to, besides, they work quite fine if you talk to her while she's reading, and there's absolutely nothing that differs those two packages. It's not like she "has to complete" the sleeping order. You might want to try again or wait for other people to testplay (which I could really still need a lot of!), since this also sometimes happens to me with vanillla content. It might just be a problem with the Gamebryo Engine.

Now to the rest:
I cannot help you with your issues concerning your trees, slaughterfishes etc. I haven't modelled or imported them, despite I really don't see why you can pick them up. I haven't taken care of the mushrooms yet, but that's because I have to export all the resources first in order to get my hands on the icons I need. Otherwise I'd have to create them all again. Not a good idea. I will also take care of the wildlife upon the Isles, including all the animals that were mentioned. I will check their drops again and give them respawn rates, so you won't really be able to kill them all. I will also take care of the pitfalls and their scripts. That won't be a problem. Concerning the riffs, I'd rather have someone else taking care of that.

Doc. out!
thanks doc, i will take the screens you requested.

about the shaman; she was just standing around when i talked to her. when i run it thorugh the secound time, we will see what happends.

about the sharks, i found an old post by Deeza where she said that they should drop shartk teeth, using the deadroth teeth icon and mesh.
but it up to you.
great work on the debugging!!

- i will have the secound part ready soon.
Second part;Things which can be fixed within the CS:- The water breathing spell doesn’t stop when the player picks up the heart coral. (this is to make it harder fight the sharks)
- We need more light under the heart coral.
- Floating yellow coral on the way to the heart coral.
- The heart coral has no icon (if I remember correct Senten made one for us)
- In the quest “Sammanul’s Progress” the first jounal update, second sentence says; “ I what Sammanul has found out.” I think it should have said; “I wonder what Sammanul has found out.”
- Right outside of “Rindars house” there is a floating light orb to the left of the door. To the right there is a pot which is clipping through the ground.
- Sammanul was not in “Rindars house”??? (I didn’t follow the quest marker, and then I got a journal update when I entered Rindars house; about Sammanul being in there, eating.)
- All fish drop slautherfish scales, (these should be named after the fish which drops it)
- Inside Rindars house, there is two “tan vases” which are placed with havok. This wouldn’t have been a problem if there weren’t placed static palm leaves in the vases. (just removed both leaves and vases)
- It doesn’t make sense that an island which dislikes outsiders has a merchant, so the journal update about Sammanul and Rindar should be changed so that it doesn’t say that Rindar is a merchant. (We should discuss this further. Same with the inn)
- After I went for the heart coral, the shaman went back to her house, while I was in the water. Isn’t she supposed to stay on the beach?
- The cell where the crazy man lives, is called “crazy man’s house – beware” I think we should give the guy a name, (both his house and him) and remove “beware” from the cell name. (after looking into this, I don’t think that the crazy man exist yet. We need to make him.
- The guy called “Landorar” has some unique dialog which says something like this; “welcome to the Abecean isles my friend” which seems kind a out of place, because all the bosmers are suppose to hate outsiders.
- The red flower in the middle of the village is floating; the flower is directly in front of Rindars house.
- The NPC “Andolroth Vilnic” has a quest which refers to the mainland. Vilnic asks the player to recover the first book in the “Feyfolken” series ( we need to discuss if we should keep this quest or not)
- Floating wood ear on the big tree near “Betto Plotius” house.
- I cannot seem to find the NPC called “Betto Plotius”. We need to add him.
- There is some weird error with the boat. It is hard to explain, but when you go near the door you get to the roof of the boat (I don’t know if this is a model issue)
- Everything in crazy mans house is owned by the player.
- We need to exteriors; the house across from the crazy mans house.(I cant remember if this is related to a quest) And the Big house in the village ( this could perhaps be either; Barracks (where the guards sleep and eat), a player owned house, (when the main quest is done.) or crealius’ house after he chooses to stay on the isles.
- I have found an elven bow behind the crazy mans house, is this suppose to be there?
- Taken from any pot on the island should be considered stealing. (they are all player owned)
- In the quest where you have to talk to Rindar about the bosmer meat. One of the player topics says; “your hutt is burning” hut is only with one “T”
- In the quest “Sammanul’s Progress” the last sentence in the last update says; “Maybe I should go there too see what they have done in the meanwhile.” This should be; “Maybe I should go there to see what they have done in the meantime.”
- When I have talked to sammanul. Volus didn’t show up. Later I found him between two trees in the village.
- Remember to set the NPCs involved in side quest essential too.
- The rock under the waterfall on the middle island is floating slightly. Just place some rocks to hide the big rock.
- The NPC “Nachel” seems to clip trough the ground when sleeping. He is found in “Araqu’thon” (the other bedroll in there might have a similar problem)
- Everything in “Araqu’thon” can be taken without it being considered stealing.
- Several floating items (look in my gallery)

Landscape;- Every cave exterior should be replaced with the custom one made by windsurfer.

gallery;
http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/tt6/s...Valenwood/
I am at the part where the player has to choose which side he wants to take. i assume that this is as far you got with the mainquest??

about the side quest with archer on the middle island, how far is you with that one?
because when i try to weild the special arrow, i get message saying; "You cannot fire this quest arrow"

the last small bugs;
- on the large island right in front of the small row-boat. one of the lamp posts is floating.
- the chiefs house is called "Hutt" with two T's. (i think we should consider naming every interior cell "hut" instead of house, EX "Rindars hut" instead of "Rindars house")
- there is a floating bush infront of the cave called "cave"
- floating bush here; http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/tt6/s...-54-35.jpg

I think that is about it, but I will need to run the new version through a few more times.
First of all, thank you for all you help. I will try and fix all those issues and then present you a new ESP. Smile
Im glad to help Big Grin

and may i just say the the quests is really intruging. Deeza did a great job writing them. and you did a great job on making them!
a few more small things;
- it seems that the NPCs in the Inn are both Nords. (this seems out of place)
- none of the interiors has windows. ( the windows are in the ESM)
- the chieftan's and the shaman's huts, dosent even have windows on the exterior.
- i found the NPC "Anruin" stuck inside one of the exterior house.
- the heart coral can be pickpocket from the shaman after her quest.
- remember to extinguish the fire on the small island after the main quest is done.
- in the crazy mans house there is picture of cheydinhal (out of place)
- on the exterior of the inn. the ladder which is is top looks like it is floating. could you replace it with the ladder model we used on the ship.
I hope that you are ready with a new version soon :goodjob:

and welcome back everyone.