Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: "The Desperate Collector" and the Inn. Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
some people might not know this but the old VW team already added a quest to the isles.

the NPC called Andolroth Vilnic tells the player that he will do anything to get the first book in the "feyfolken" series. however his wife doesent want him to get the right book so see tells the player to get a fake copy.

do you think we shall keep this quest?
- espand it prehaps?

the inn.
Well since the bosmers are suppose to hate outsiders it seems odd that there is a inn on the island.

shall we keep it or make it into something else??
Haha. The mentioned quest was done by me myself when I first joined this project years ago. Kudos to me! :lmao:
If you want, I can erase it again, still I think it might be a fine idea for the player to return to the isles once he can leave them. On the other hand, how does the Bosmer know about the existance of that book, and why is he so interested in it? Questions we might need to solve first.

The inn:
I think an inn located on a small island filled with outsider-hating natives is quite unrealistic. But we might be able to make it into something like a mix of a tavern and a comunity room. The owner doesn't quite like the idea, but he's willing to let you sleep over in a chamber he's holding for storage and so on (in this case, we'd need to modify the interior) if you pay him with some certain fruits (i guess you could harvest those all over the isles).
great ideas about the "Inn"! prehaps we should make it into a place where the bosmer gaurds sleep and eat. as well as the things you said.

i had no idea that you made the quest. could you tell me what exasctly it is about, i never got to finish it.

- I dont know what to do about the quest, we might need to optize it, as you said. And also give the quest a new name, because it is too similar to the vannila quest "The Collector"

Prehaps Andolroth Vilnic is interrested in Aldmeri culture and then asks the player to get him a book about the old aldmers. this could be "The Wild elves"
I fully support the idea for the inn. I also think changing the book to Aldmer-related titles is a good one.

I think it would be a good idea to have a few quests that encourage the player to visit the islands again after the main quest is finished, to add some replay value.
so, this quest should not start until the player has ended the MQ on the islands?

and as doc said prehaps a small quest where the player get the right to sleep in the room on ontop of the inn.
I will add those two points to my To-Do list then Smile

Edit: But why will you only be able to start it after the mainquest. Maybe you have turned hostage to the Bosmer and killed all of them. Or maybe you're sick of the isles and want to leave them. If you get the quest at an earlier stage, it won't be harmful for the gameflow since you can LEAVE the islands only after you completed the mainquests anyway.
I think that most side quest should only be accescable after the MG because it would overcrowd the islands with all quests running at the same time.
No reason why you shouldn't be able to start it before the mainquest is over, just that you need to go back to the mainland to get hold of the items you need. All I meant to say was that having a few things you need to go back and forth to the mainland would give people a reason to revisit the islands.
after looking into "The Desperate Collector" it seems that is not done. it has no icon. and last journal update has some random letters in stead of locations. Ex; VUIOWEHJFO??

im now going to put up a new discussion topic;
should we remove EVERY book on the islands?? the bosmer are not civilised can therefore not read. (prehaps books in shamans house, she is the only one who can read)

the quest;
"Remaining Mysteries" (Formerly known as "The Desperate Collector")

Andolroth Vilnic ask the player if he/she can get any book about the aldmeri culture. he will pay greatly to know more about his elven roots and therefore wants the book badly. he dosent say a specific book. but the player gets a journal update where it says to that the book "the wild elves" might be the one to look for.

the player gets him the book, but then Andolroth says that his people actually cant read. so he askes the player to read the book aloud for him. if the player refuses, Andolroth will say something about that he maybe can get shaman to read it for him. he still rewards the player.
if the player reads the book aloud for the bosmer he will get a bigger reward.

what do you guys think??, prehaps it needs a little expanding. this is where you guys come in.

we should also removed any links to cyrodiil; Books about the citires, wine,(west weald wine ETC.)pictures of cyrodiil in the house. ETC..
I would like some feedback. :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2