Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: EGRS0101 "Go-Ja Morgoa" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've sort of ended up claiming Go-Ja Morgoa because I started and soon realised I just couldn't stop.... =).....lots to do here though but most of the main structure is completely done....needs decorating now...I hope it's better than a bloody Wookie village though... Big Grin
Whooooo....it's so neat looking. No wonder you couldn't stop working on it.

About the rope with the hanging moss on it: I know that a lot of artifacts show up around the moss on the moss mesh edges (even though it's supposed to be transparent). Also the textures seem to repeat themselves.

I'm aware of these issues. I bookmarked a site with a tutorial on how to make good hanging moss models, but I have not worked on new moss yet. The newer tutorial has you make individual moss clumps in several different textures, then you can mix and match handplacing the moss on trees and stuff, for unique effects:

http://en.9jcg.com/comm_pages/blog_content-art-115.htm

Koniption
That's looking great Ibsen. Can't wait to get started on one of the other villages myself...
looking good ibsen! The boathome should be scaled up to around 2.0x its original size tho... somthing I forgot to fix :S but i've never seen it cause any issues Smile
Yeah, I remembered that as I took the screenshots. It's quite cute as it is but I'll probably rescale it anyway.

@ Koniption - The hanging moss ideas are wonderful! It would be nice to have some more stuff like that available for certain jungle locations. I'd been meaning to ask you about that.

There are various vine models: some that go up at one side; some that trail downwards; and some that have several 'loops' along a horizontal line. It would be nice to have something like that but with mossy hangings to add to SG's shrines. We could drape them over mossy logs at the entrances and on palm trees (especially as the palms don't sway...at least I think they don't). This is one for later anyway.

However, what I'd really like is to have something similar to the mossy rope here. I've tried a number of different variations on how to get things such as herbs, meats, fishes and so on hanging from ropes in the hut interiors but nothing has worked so far because the objects just fall off in-game. I noticed a Bravil rope recently that may be able to be used for that purpose but I'm not sure it's going to work....anyway, just FYI.
Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
[....]
@ Koniption - The hanging moss ideas are wonderful! It would be nice to have some more stuff like that available for certain jungle locations. I'd been meaning to ask you about that.[.....]

However, what I'd really like is to have something similar to the mossy rope here. I've tried a number of different variations on how to get things such as herbs, meats, fishes and so on hanging from ropes in the hut interiors but nothing has worked so far because the objects just fall off in-game. I noticed a Bravil rope recently that may be able to be used for that purpose but I'm not sure it's going to work....anyway, just FYI.

RE: Hanging Moss- I will do the moss if I have time. But things are still iffy at the house.

RE: Hanging objects from ropes - I foresee two problems with why they're falling off the rops:
1) The objects you're trying to hang are clutter objects that the player can grab, correct? Clutter objects use collision that makes them moveable, so if you stick them in midair, even if at the tip of a hanging rope, once ingame or when you turn havok on in CS, they'll fall. You need to use "OL_Static" collision for those objects, and some additional tweaks to prevent movement. You can look inside the "bhkrigidbody" of a static object used in the game, to see what settings they used ; also set BSX Flags to "2" in the nif.

2) Depending on whether you're using havoked ropes that sway and can be grabbed, or a static non-moving variant:
a) Using a static rope - the static-collisioned clutter objects should work fine with these.
b) Using a havoked rope: these meshes are skinned and the "objects" at the end of the rope need to be skinned to the rope as well, or attached in the nif in such a way so that they move with the rope (the nif used for the swaying rope bucket in the intro dungeon, comes to mind). You can't use "OL_Static" collisioned objects with these type of ropes, cause the rope will move, but the object won't. These are a little harder to set up, and requires a 3D modeling program with skinning abilities. You can't make a new skinned rope in Nifskope alone, unless it's only a new texture you want to apply to make it look different.

Koniption
It's a long time since I touched this but I just cluttered the first two platforms of Go-Ja Morgoa and will leave the watertop huts until I can get interiors in place (just waiting for Deeza to finish off Kangumabog so I can use the files). However, there's not much cluttering to do for them on the outsides of the buildings. After that, I'll probably get going on landscaping the rest of the Everglades so we can get pathgrids in place followed by wandering creatures such as crocs and lizards.... =)
A few screenies from what I mentioned above....I added rocks beneath the settlement too...they're only CS shots so nothing fancy...
Go-Ja Morgoa is now complete with interiors added. At the time of writing, I noticed a few errors where you're unable to walk to and from the bridges without jumping. Other than this small issue, the settlement is complete.