Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Disaster!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone, I have some bad news (but hopefully not too bad).

A couple of days ago my laptop stopped working, just like that. I turned it off like normal and it just wouldn't start up again. I have no idea what's wrong, how bad it will turn out to be or what it will cost to get it fixed.

In the meantime I can't really say when, or even if (in the forseeable future) I will get a computer that's capable of running Oblivion again. So I won't be actively contributing anything for a while I'm afraid, since I'm now having to share a family computer which puts a fair few limits on what I can do with it and how much time I can use it for.

I really hope this is going to be a "see you soon", not a "goodbye". I've had a lot of fun here and hope I'll be able to get back and help out some time reasonably soon.

Good luck with all your projects everyone,

Deeza
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Hi everyone, I have some bad news (but hopefully not too bad).

A couple of days ago my laptop stopped working, just like that. I turned it off like normal and it just wouldn't start up again. I have no idea what's wrong, how bad it will turn out to be or what it will cost to get it fixed.

In the meantime I can't really say when, or even if (in the forseeable future) I will get a computer that's capable of running Oblivion again. So I won't be actively contributing anything for a while I'm afraid, since I'm now having to share a family computer which puts a fair few limits on what I can do with it and how much time I can use it for.

I really hope this is going to be a "see you soon", not a "goodbye". I've had a lot of fun here and hope I'll be able to get back and help out some time reasonably soon.

Good luck with all your projects everyone,

Deeza

Sorry, mate!

Good Luck at getting back into the "game"! :goodjob:
I hope all goes well Deeza and you get a working PC of your own. You are an important contributor here and I am sure your absense or lack of ability to contribute will be felt.

Again best wishes for the future.
Get well soon PC....don't go through withdrawls

its tough

Enjoy
Bob
Let' us that you'll have a good pc soon! laptop or tower model.
The first thing to try is unplugging the laptop, removing the battery, putting the battery back in, plugging the laptop back in and trying to start it up.

Laptops are notorious for power supply glitches and that little trick works for most of them.

If that doesn't work, you are going to have to take it in I think. I hope it won't be too expensive to fix if that is the case.
I will go a step further than Ysne. But Ysne is definately on the right track.

Unplug the notebook, pull out the battery (and then hold the power button down for upto 1 minute). Replace the battery and the power plug. This may take a couple of tries. I had to do it previously and it worked on first attempt.
That is sad Deeza. :eek: I hope that you find a solution
I took it to the shop today and found out that it's the graphics card that's burnt out. But the good news is, turns out it came from a known defective batch, so I'm entitled to have it replaced for free. They said it would take about a week, so let's hope...
Hey good news!!
Pages: 1 2