Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Molag Ruhn....hmm?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
as you know... some of the things we are trying to show in our mod is...
what Vvardenfell was meant to be... what Vvardenfell is.... and what it will all be after 6 years.... so combining all of those elements we get a good layout.... and put in lots of work.... a kickass mod

now... many old concept art and maps on Bethesda's had places not shown on a current map.... should be include those? in some cases it would be logical and help out the mod's overall enjoyability...
but some would disagree...

anyhow I was looking back upon this map...

[Image: vvardenfell_map.jpg]

look closely and you see a Molag Ruhn, well, not so closely Wink
you will find that it does not actually have a city-location asterik like the others... why does it not have a star? it seems to be a city... or a town...
so perhaps its location is vague...
well in the modern map it would be either between Red Mt. and the Grazelands (there is a valley there), it could be in the Grazelands... or on the coast.... possibly on an island in Zafirbel Bay....

suggestions? opinions? huh?

personally I think it would be a Daedric shrine/castle with flame atronachs in the majority giving it its name... tha was my guess ( i know you are thinking "geez, he is still into the Atronach ideas) Big Grin
Kill me, but I can't see it.
Confusedlap:
Truthfully, I think that that name looks more like it was meant to be what they were originally going to call the Zifarel Bay area. The lettering looks the same as Sheogorad, The West Gash, Dagoth Ur, The Ashlands and Molag Amur. Perhaps that's what they were going for originally.
although..... fire-town... ?
Thanks for pointing it to me.
Yeah, fire-town... hmm.
Perhaps make it a citadel like you said.
Ok, so where do you think a little the town would be? Perhaps where the image below says? It's the cross-road from the Grazelands into that valley, and there's even a mine right there for them to use (Elith-Pal Mine)? I still don't think it would be a very big town. Just a couple of buildings, and perhaps some underground caverns and such.
More of a outpost?
:yes:
I was thinking it was a ruined Daedric citadel where a Flame Monarch lives... the Elemental Monarchs are very very powerful versions of Atronachs... they are similar in that they are both elemental Daedra and related...
so maybe a big Fire Monarch and his minions...

BTW, you may think you haven't heard of it before... but I think you have... Ice Blade of the Monarch anyone? good sword... plus, it is a sword infused with the soul of an Ice Monarch

EDIT: an outpost would work too...
I was thinking maybe settled Velothi (Ashlanders) that herd their animals in that valley and retreat to their velothi outpost when their is a lava flow... they just retreat to the higher ground... ?
Vos is a Velothi farm town... one of the rare examples of old settled Velothi life before the Great Houses.... of course... Velothi towns didn't have big mushrooms Wink
Pages: 1 2 3