Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: BWRI0101 "RockGuard: Luthere's House" (Completed but with Quest Issues)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim for RockGuard: Luthere's House

Simple asset replacement required only.

[/HR]

Luthere's House
AVAILABILITY: Completed by Deeza

[/HR]

[Image: oblivion_2008-10-19_14-12-03-48.jpg]

[Image: Luthere.jpg]

(NB: At the top is a very old screenshot from before Blackwood was generated. Lethe's house is left of the tower at the base of the stairs.)

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

Despite being one of the most Imperial settlements in Argonia, RockGuard contains some very unsettled residents who once considered themselves a part of the Empire. It has become increasingly evident that this is not the case though, as attacks from outside have been on the increase and Argonian influence begins to pressurise their situation. Financial reward from the farm is great but living conditions are tight and, at times, unfriendly.

However, RockGuard has held fast partly due to its enclosed circular shape and the presence of Imperial Guards. The Guards are set to be released back to Cyrodiil (which many of them long for) but discipline is kept and the farmers continue to enjoy good relations with traders from nearby Gideon.

This interior claim contains the home of Luthere. Although a farmer of Cyrodiil-style produce for the Imperials living in Argonia, she also proves useful as a healer and will at times work with the Imperial Guards when crisis looms.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]

Interior Name:1BMDRRockguardLutheresHouse
Region: Blackwood
Settlement: RockGuard
Architecture: Farm House
Exterior cell coordinates: (-20,1)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Very, very Easy (recommended to be taken with another full interior claim as all that needs to be done is for rugs, crates, paintings, some ingredients and furniture to be changed along with any other changes that you see fit)
Inhabitants: Luthere stands inside.
Mission Connections: DR's mini-mission, as yet unnamed.
NPCs: 1. The NPC should already have (full) dialogue and AI but please add a pathgrid for them.
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums .

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

Already done! Just replace some of the rugs, crates, paintings, some ingredients and furniture and try to customise the interior to your liking. Remember that RockGuard is not a very Argonian village but the Argonian inhabitants are much more likely to have Argonian items such as Bamboo furniture and wall hangings more appropriate to them.

All in all, this should only take about 10-20 minutes maximum. Finally, don't interfere with the quest set up by DR.

Have fun! :goodjob:
I'll have this one. I'm doing all three Wink
Woah! Hey! Introductions are in order, MachanStripes. =)

You may already have seen this post but I'll just need you to check it out: New Modders Start Here . The important thread is this one: Naming Codes . If you don't have a naming code then your work won't get recognised.

That said, you're welcome to take this claim. :check: You may need to know that there is a quest connected with this location that was created by drmccoy. I'll need to check with him again as I'm not sure on the details. Basically, I think the NPC needs to have AI pathing so that she enters the Imperial tower or something and this makes the next stage of the quest possible. At the time when the quest was made, we had to disconnect the interior from the outer world. Let me know if you'd like to help investigate what needs to be done here or if you'd just prefer to keep to the interior design.

Another Yorkshireman! Welcome aboard! =)
Oh yeah, there is no NPC so does that mean that there is no quest, OR is the quest script lurking in the backround somewhere? (which I doubt, because both Morths House and Lutheres House are the same!!)

EDIT: sorry ignore that I found it - bit of a mix up!!
Any update on this, MC?
What does this mean when it says "Simple asset replacement required only."?
This existing interior is a duplicate of an existing vanilla cell. The "Simple asset replacement" is to basically customise it, and make it not look like a duplicate cell, rather than starting a completely new cell from scratch.

Really, it's what most of the Stormhold claims are like as well, but for this one, the NPC has already been created, along with a quest etc.
Hmmm.Can I claim this then?
Actually, I was just working on this. Do you want to take the other remaining rockguard claim? Then we'll have the town done.
Do I have to make the NPC's?
Pages: 1 2