Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: NJRI0301 "StormGuardTower: West" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Official 'Black Marsh' Interior Claim: StormGuard Tower: West

[/HR]

StormGuard Tower: West
AVAILABILITY: Completed by XJDHDR

[/HR]

[Image: StormholdNorth04.jpg]
[Image: StormGuardTowerWest.jpg]

(Please excuse the unattractive CS screenshots.)

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

Stormhold is Black Marsh's Jungle City lying in the Northern reaches of the Naga-Cradle Jungle. It is an entrypoint to the mountains and a common location for the more enterprising traveller. Much of it is built upon the existing Barsaebic ruins which are still very much in evidence, both in the ramshackle architectural design and through the complex Undercity network.

It was the scene of the most spiritual successes in terms of trying to 'tame' Argonian culture and belief as it was at one time under the influence of missionaries of the Nine Divines. This is the second strongest influence that is at work in city, giving rise to the Cathedral whose brazier serves as a beacon to those lost in the Jungle.

It is a source of considerable trade and yet has a history of foul diseases. Consequently, places such as the 'Hospice of Mara' have been set up to deal with this. However, it is not without influence and holds considerable sway in the diplomacy between Argonia and the foreign embassies, the most controversial of which remains to this day: the Morrowind Embassy, a base for the once-despised Dunmer who were at one time a blight on Stormhold's horizon. Being a border city, it is also rich in trade, culture and commerce.

This interior claim is very small as it simply contains the Guard Tower over the Gatehouse. One Guard might require bedding here and there will be a need to decorate with Stormhold's own banners and associated paraphernalia.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]

Interior Name:2BMDZStormholdTower01
Region: Naga-Cradle Jungle
Settlement: Stormhold
Architecture: Guard Tower
Exterior cell coordinates: (-3,24)
Claim Size & Difficulty: Very Easy.
Inhabitants: The Guard has not been created yet.
Mission Connections: None as yet.
NPCs: 1. The NPC must have (full) dialogue and AI. Don't forget the pathgrid for them. The NPC is already named but you may change the name if necessary, so please discuss this and other details in the claims discussion thread ('General Info' below).
General Info: Please keep up to date on associated topics in the: Claims Discussion Forums .

[/HR]

How to mod your interior

NB: Please note that some Stormhold interiors contain copies of vanilla interiors for those wishing to 'mass-mod' (see the thread in the interiors section for details). This is not a highly recommended strategy to modding but, in practical terms and if needing to create Imperial-style interiors (as some in Stormhold are), it can prove to be very useful and time-efficient. If not using this strategy, please delete either some or all of the existing clutter and then begin.

Interior modding carries with it the same responsibilities as it does on our father project, Silgrad Tower. This means that there will need to be NPCs, Containers, Lighting etc. For a really nice checklist that is very, very thorough, try this one from Zurke: A handy checklist to create an interior for ST . Zurke is the most experienced and prolific interior modder I know of so it's all good advice.

[/HR]

Cluttering your Interior

Please try to use the BM objects as much as possible. And try to consider the story behind the owner of the building (which you may adapt unless stated) and add clutter as appropriate to them and the particular locations. This might include foodstuffs, flora, cutlery, paintings, tribal items, custom furniture, bedding and maybe a desk if this interior involves using the NPC as a trader.

Please remember to light the area. Argonian or Imperial lighting can be used. If you have any further suggestions, requests for models and so on then please consult this thread: Furnitures & Clutters . Just ask if you have any special ideas for extra models.

Have fun! :goodjob:
I've finally got all the files I need and taken a quick look around the mod. Now I can start working. For my first claim, can I have this and the east towers?

If yes, is there anything else I should know about these two specific interiors that isn't noted here? It's good to finally be doing something for this project.
Yayyy!! :bananarock:

Good to see you got sorted, XJ! Yes, by all means, granted. :check:

Nope, there's nothing to add. I guess you could add a couple of Imperial Legion guards, one in each tower, preferably with a pathgrid crossing the bridge over the gateway and any other patrol areas that look suitable. In fact, if you can get them patrolling the city then that would really help Stormhold's sense of authenticity but perhaps at least one would need to be stationed at the gate at any one time. Take note that we'll be changing the armour later, as has been discussed recently.

Let me know if you need any help or have any suggestions. This claim is now yours!
I have been making steady progress with this claim so far. Give me a day or two and I can probably get a basic patrolling schedule up and running. What exactly do you mean by "at least one would need to be stationed at the gate at any one time". Does the guard have to be at the gate entrance between the west and east tower? Otherwise, I have five other points to make.

1. I would like to remind you that I wanted to claim the east tower as well. Is this fine with you?

2. The streets of Stormhold are completely devoid of pathgrids. I need pathgrids for the guards to properly patrol the town. I could add the pathgrids myself. Do I have permission to do so?

3. The north marker in 2BMDZStormholdBravil01 is not pointing in the right direction. I can rotate it to make it face the correct direction. Also, I need to add a few pathgrids because the one path guards can take to reach the streets of Stormhold go through this cell. Do I have permission to make these changes?

4. I found a problem in 2BMDZStormholdBlacksmiths as well. The problem and solution are best explained by the picture I have attached. Also, this is the second path guards can take to get from the towers to the streets so I need to add pathgrids and subspaces to this cell as well. Again, do I have permission to make the changes?

5. I have looked at the Vanilla Oblivion towers in the Imperial City and they seem to be storage and eating areas for the guards using low/ middle class items. Do you think this is the right way to go in designing these towers? Also, are the resin utensils (resin plate, resin bowl, etc) regarded as lower or upper class items? If they are upper class, I will have to give the guards pewter utensils. Otherwise, would resin be appropriate in those towers or should I use pewter?
Quote:Originally posted by XJDHDR
What exactly do you mean by "at least one would need to be stationed at the gate at any one time". Does the guard have to be at the gate entrance between the west and east tower? Otherwise, I have five other points to make....I would like to remind you that I wanted to claim the east tower as well. Is this fine with you?

I'm basically saying that, if you're doing both towers then make sure that at least one of the Guards remains somewhere near the gate whilst the other one goes off on patrol. This is because I'd like to make sure that the gates look guarded. Yes, feel free to take the other tower. :goodjob:

2. The streets of Stormhold are completely devoid of pathgrids. I need pathgrids for the guards to properly patrol the town. I could add the pathgrids myself. Do I have permission to do so?

Yes, that would help greatly. We won't be adding any more stuff in there now so it's necessary. Sorry, I hadn't thought of that before asking you about the pathgrids.

3. The north marker in 2BMDZStormholdBravil01 is not pointing in the right direction. I can rotate it to make it face the correct direction. Also, I need to add a few pathgrids because the one path guards can take to reach the streets of Stormhold go through this cell. Do I have permission to make these changes?

Yes, the Guards monitor the goings-on in the tradehouse as crime is rife and there tends to be brawling in there if there are disputes. Thieves and criminals will have to take the utmost care around here.

4. I found a problem in 2BMDZStormholdBlacksmiths as well. The problem and solution are best explained by the picture I have attached. Also, this is the second path guards can take to get from the towers to the streets so I need to add pathgrids and subspaces to this cell as well. Again, do I have permission to make the changes?

Looking at Stormhold again, I noticed that a lot of the changes I made before don't seem to be there anymore, including some old texture errors that must have reappeared when someone added an old esp. Gah!

This also included that door problem, which I thought I'd sorted. If you can sort it then please do. The Gatehouse Blacksmiths and Armoury belong to the city anyway so the Guards are free to roam through there. I'd also put a ladder behind the Terrarium for the Guards to go down but, again, it doesn't appear to be the one that is set up as a door in my altered version. Never mind, just let them pass on to the streets. :yes:

5. I have looked at the Vanilla Oblivion towers in the Imperial City and they seem to be storage and eating areas for the guards using low/ middle class items. Do you think this is the right way to go in designing these towers? Also, are the resin utensils (resin plate, resin bowl, etc) regarded as lower or upper class items? If they are upper class, I will have to give the guards pewter utensils. Otherwise, would resin be appropriate in those towers or should I use pewter?

They're night guards securing the city entrance so, yes. You could set aside one particular room for a meagre dwelling. I would suggest the top of the East tower. The resin cutlery is mainly middle class except for those that are decorated with flowers. It's most often used by Argonians. As guards, they'd probably eat off pewter. :yes:

Thanks greatly if you can do the pathgridding and sort out those errors. It helps a lot.
XJDHDR, I think you should know that in my Stormhold Tradehouse Claim, I added a pathgrid to the cell, and it has passed the review stage, so you no longer need the pathgrid in that cell (2BMDZStormholdBravil01), as it could cause problems in the merge.
Thank you for informing me Jucklesjenk. I'll remove the edits from my work right now.
NP Smile