Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: EGRL0107 "Rottmere Everglades: South" (Completed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Official 'Black Marsh' Landscape Claim for Rottmere Everglades Region #7: South

[/HR]

Rottmere Everglades Region: South
AVAILABILITY: Completed by Ibsen's Ghost

[/HR]

[Image: LandscapeClaims-EvergladesRegion-1.jpg]

[Image: Everglades08.jpg]

NB: All the tan cells in the picture must be modded plus any other cells that border the region are optional. This includes the cells that are blue in colour and surround the rose cells. Take note that the x co-ordinates here (the numbers along the top) are all minus values on the left and plus values on the right whilst the y co-ordinates (the numbers along the side) are all plus values up top and minus values below. Therefore, -16,01 is the cell in the North-Western tip of the claim and -03,08 is the cell in the South-Eastern tip.

[/HR]

Description & Details

[/HR]

This area of the Black Marsh: Rottmere Everglades region is a gateway to some of the more important areas of the country. Although the southern areas receive more humanoid visitors than the North, it is nonetheless the same savage landscape that has prevented most human activity from affecting it. One notable battle has taken place here, the Battle of Kangumabog, but this was a rare and exceptionally tough battle in an extremely hostile environment.

The South contains the remains of Glenbridge, which was claimed by the waters of the marshes and no longer exists. It also contains Go-Ja Morga and Kangumabog. The marsh elves once lived in this region and there is lots of rootworm activity so expect to find dungeons of this ilk. Fort ruins, however, are unlikely. Likewise, shrines are unlikely to be able to withstand the ebb and flow of the swamp.

Marsh trees and swamp trees dominate including some interesting fungi and lots of insects such as the dreaded disease-giving mosquitoes, not to be mistaken with flora fly.

[/HR]

At-a-glance Details

[/HR]

Region: Rottmere Everglades
Cell count: 69 (without borders) 104 (with borders)
Exterior cell coordinates:
SW Corner = -13,07
NW Corner = -16,01
SE Corner = -03,08
NE Corner = -03,03
Claim Size & Difficulty: Medium. Leave Go-Ja Morgoa and Kangumabog to a Settlement modder unless willing to create it but please landscape it in the meantime.
Inhabitants: Only Argonians although some others may foolishly stray into the area.
Settlements in area: Go-Ja Morgoa and Kangumabog
General Info: Please maintain contact about your modding on this thread but, above all, keep posting updates by adding v1, v2, v3 etc. to the end of your files.Take note that any esps submitted must begin with BM followed by your modder initials. For me, this is BMIG (IG for Ibsen's Ghost). Then submit your final claim to this thread: Latest esm and esp updates .

[/HR]

Modding Directions

[/HR]

Download the latest bsa details here: Black Marsh Resources: Latest bsa .

Your first task is to make sure that the flora and trees are not floating above the ground or have any edges of the models showing.

You may alter the height map as you wish but please bear in mind that this may affect other cells and the positioning of flora and trees as you will need to alter these accordingly. You are welcome to delete objects and there are recommendations on what to add below but please bear in mind that doing so means that you will probably have to add or delete vertex shading and make appropriate choices for texturing using the surrounding texture palette.

Your main task, however, is to make this area denser, darker and more realistic.

[/HR]

Modding Directions: What to add

[/HR]

Textures - It has been recommended that you slightly increase the use of jungle moss in the land sections but keep the filthy swamp textures on show. Try to get a little more of the grass-enabled textures in there. When near to the borders with other claims, please make sure that there is a smooth transition. Otherwise, please keep to the sort of patterns that you see in the generated landscape. It's best to use non-grass textures around flora and rock objects to prevent grass peeping through objects and make sure you add vertex shading!

Clutter and Flora - Much of the flora has already been added through region generation but you may decorate with the following rocks and flora: Nenuphar Lily & Victoria Flower (with lily pads), Sylvan Mushrooms, Grume Goblet mushrooms (on swamp trees), Maple Moss logs, Flora Flies, oilplants, gloshrooms (not too many of these two as we don't want it lit up like a Christmas tree!) and some zebra stripe bromeliads.

You will find these under the Flora\blackmarsh folder or the Static\Flora\blackmarsh folder (in the case of the Bromeliads, for example). You will also find the mossy maple logs under Static\landscape.

You can also add mosquitoes if they are enabled in the CS at the time of taking the claim.

Trees - The main part of this claim is to select a greater variety of Dementia trees and other tree varieties such as the swamp trees and some SnowGum trees so as to make the jungle dense and interesting. Some areas are already dense. Feel free to delete trees but bear in mind the need to keep the everglades dense, certainly on the land sections. And try to the maximise use of swamp trees in water.

You can duplicate objects by pressing Ctrl-D when you find your chosen model and then to drag them out and position them where you see fit. Don't forget to vertex shade the bases when you do this though.

You may wish to choose a weather type or use activators such as fog or rain. Please notify a core member if planning to do so.

Otherwise, ask if you'd like to use any other models or textures. I'm sure you'll make sensible choices but it would be best to check that out by posting screenshots or offering a suggestion in this thread.

[/HR]

Settlements and Dungeons

[/HR]

The best part of landscape claims that I enjoy the most are modding the dungeons. For this, you may use the mossy ruin exteriors (see blackmarsh-architecture-ruins) or the dead rootworms. However, there is a wide selection of possible dungeons on offer including SI ruins and caves. Please ask regarding anything specific.

NB: Longharrow Lagoon, a marsh elf ruin is already added. Please leave it as it is.

About 1-3 dungeon exteriors is normal for a claim of this size although this is a particularly wild area so the number is likely to be more than just one.

All such dungeons can be decorated with appropriate clutter on the outside or you can leave this to the dungeon modder themselves. Please note that it should be your responsibility to post up dungeon claims once the landscape claim has been submitted. Please see the core about acquiring a claims template (that which is normally written in these threads) when you wish to do so.

[/HR]

Important Notice and Technical Information

[/HR]

If you decide to add a lot of one particular model, please notify on this thread the rough proportions of the extra models that you add so that it is easier for the next person who takes a landscape claim to work with you and maintain a degree of uniformity to the landscape. For example, tell us roughly how many of Koniption's bromeliads you are using per cell.

For extra help, please take a look at sandor's excellent claims descriptions on the ST site here: SHRAC05 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" [Claimed] , particularly in the 'Technical Info' section.

Above all, make if fun for the player and have fun with the claim yourself! Wink
I'll need to take this one.
I managed to make some good progress on this tonight by finishing off the North-Western edge of the claim and blending the cells in around Glenbridge. I've taken a different approach to the Southern areas by starting to add giant swamptrees from Darkmoor just south of Go-Ja Morgoa. This will blend the regions better and make the Everglades much denser and more foreboding.
Sounds great. Foreboding is good when it comes to the marshes...
So I finally reached Kangumabog and have about a quarter of this claim to go. The landscaping around this area is very time-consuming because I have to blend the regions together but I'm making progress and here's a small snippet of progress so far as seen through the CS.
Looks intriguing! Keep up the good work!

Koniption
I've got about 20 cells to go now and then I'm done. I should have this finished by tomorrow if I have enough time. Screenshots will follow soon after....
The physical landscaping of the Rottmere Everglades is now complete. However, I still need to add pathgrids so that I can get crocodiles and were-crocs lurking around this area.
Wonderful work.